X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi there,
    never really know what to say in introductions,
    Am a Treadler from the UK, my sewing journey started in 2013, with a electric sewing machine.
    During a chair restoration project (something never done before but the chair needed repairing, saw a video and thought why not ),
    an electrical surge happened, was sewing at the time. the machine wouldn't stitch right afterwards, long story short, looked for a handcrank sewing machine, finished the chair, then learnt as much as possible and restored a 201 treadle. which now piece and free motion quilt with.
    thought it be nice to join, chat, and admire all your wonderful projects,
    kind regards
    Treadler

Re: Hi

Hello Treadle and welcome to the forum from Michigan, USA. So happy you've joined us, this is a great place. A treadle machine?...... I'm impressed! I hand quilt, and that's about as old fashion as I plan on being. How fun, though......I do have my grandmas treadle.....? Mmmmmm

💫 Star lover

Comment

Welcome from Dewey, Arizona! There are super knowledgeable members on this forum who willingly share their knowledge. Enjoy your quilting!

Comment

Hello and welcome from North Carolina, USA. I inherited my mother's treadle but have yet to build up the courage to do more than straight piecing.

I'm sure you will be happy you joined this forum.

Comment

Hello and Welcome from northern California!

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. I have my great-grandmother's treadle machine.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from sunny FL
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from PA
                Tracie

Comment

Welcome from the Basque Country, I love the forum and I hope that you too, I hope to see your works

Comment

Hello and welcome from NJ.
                    Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Welcome from not so sunny UK! Whereabouts are you? I'm sure you'll love the forum, lots of knowledgeable members to help.

I remember my godmother having a Singer treadle machine when I was a small child but I don't know what she made with it.

Comment

Welcome from another Arizona member!!

Comment

Thank you all for the welcomes, this really is a friendly place
                          am loving visiting already
                          had hoped to respond sooner, (a computer update took a little longer to configure.)
                          Am in the North Riding will be looking into how to share a few pictures and finding out the picture size restrictions if any.
                          so far found the treadle can do everything the electric machine did for me, but is a lot quieter, and keeps me exercised while creating.
                          There is a zig zagger attachment with removable sew pattern discs, and button hole attachment, that fits to the presser bar are both amazing to watch working, the attachments make you think the needles moving side to side, but really is not
                          thank you again for the amazing welcome
                          regards
                          Treadler

Comment

Hi again, the North Riding is lovely, I'm in the West Riding. If you haven't already done you need to check out Scarborough Sewing Centre - the fabric range there is lovely and there is a sale on at present. Oops, sorry if you're on a fabric diet ��

Comment

Hi Mary
                              Thanks for letting know, afraid have some ufo to finish, before can re-stash,
                              came across a cotton fabric and sewing notion shop in Whitby. name started with a J, remember was up a hill, sort of behind Boyes but on route to cranberry swamp gf restaurant, happened to be just where needed to stop for rest.teehee

for friends across water
                              Scarborough may be known for the Hospital drama 'The Royal'.
                              Whitby was where the Harbour scenes in 'Heart beat' a police drama was filmed.
                              the Bull fog horn can be heard in the link.
                              http://www.whitbyweather.com/index.php?p=1_64

many thanks for the tip
                              Treadler

Comment

Working...
                              X