Hello from Pennsylvania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Hello, all! My name is Tracie. I'm 43 and started quilting 2 years ago. I learned from watching Jenny. At that time, I hadn't touched a sewing machine since high school! I bought a very basic machine, watched Jenny's tutorials and have made quite a few quilts. I'm hoping to be able to get a sit down mid-arm machine so I can get better with FMQ but I need to save up for that! Ok, I just wanted to introduce myself and I'm sure I'll be talking with some of you soon!
    Tracie

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania!

Welcome from coastal North Carolina ! Glad you joined us. Curious about where you are located ... I have a lot of cousins who live there. Visiting was always fun and years ago I did a lot of fabric shopping around Lancaster, Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand.

Comment

Welcome from Missouri

Comment

Hi, Tracie, and welcome to the forum from Missouri. It sounds like the quilting bug really bit you! Glad you joined us.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, the quilt bug did bite...now if I only had more time and money to feed my addiction! LOL To answer Judy's question, I live in the Selinsgrove area which is 50 miles north of Harrisburg. I too enjoy visiting Lancaster and shopping.
          Tracie

Comment

welcome-clipart-Free-welcome-clip-art-images-clipart.jpg

Welcome, from Wisconsin!
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Hello Tracie and welcome to the forum. My journey is so similar to yours. Packed away my high school sewing machine for many many moons. A few years ago, bought pretty much a starter machine with my budget at the time, it was a christmas tree skirt pattern that Jenny got me hooked with, and as they say, the rest is history.

Comment

Hello Tracie, Welcome, Happy you joined. I, too, am from Pa. I live about 4 hours North of Harrisburg. In the North Central part of PA. You will find lots of useful information from all the quilters here. I love Jenny's tutorials!! They are the greatest!!

Comment

Hi Tracie and Welcome!!

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                    bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome from Ohio...right next door to you.

Comment

Welcome from Michigan Tracie ! Sounds like you are enjoying yourself.
                        Jenny's tutorials are awesome...and many of us who haven't sewn in years, suddenly find Jenny's tutorials on YouTube somehow ( or by finding MSQC's website as well ) and suddenly we are hooked on making quilts and our fabric stashes continue to grow ( and no, I suppose most of us don't feel guilty about those growing stashes either ! )

Tracie, this is the right place to come to ask questions....there's a lot of talented sewists / quilters here to help you whenever you need to be helped. This is a marvelous forum !

Again, welcome to MSQC's forum ( Missouri Star Quilt Company )

BTW....if you have photos of the quilts you have made, please put the photos in an album here on the website....or in the Quilts By Me section.
                        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Tracie, WELCOME from Northern Arizona I spent some of my happiest times growing up on my Aunt's farm in Summerville, PA. We would spend a few weeks each summer with her. Hope you are able to find just the right machine for you. In the meantime, check in here often as there are a lot of talented and knowledgeable quilters who are happy to answer any questions you may have.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                            Welcome from Michigan Tracie ! Sounds like you are enjoying yourself.
                            Jenny's tutorials are awesome...and many of us who haven't sewn in years, suddenly find Jenny's tutorials on YouTube somehow ( or by finding MSQC's website as well ) and suddenly we are hooked on making quilts and our fabric stashes continue to grow ( and no, I suppose most of us don't feel guilty about those growing stashes either ! )

Tracie, this is the right place to come to ask questions....there's a lot of talented sewists / quilters here to help you whenever you need to be helped. This is a marvelous forum !

Again, welcome to MSQC's forum ( Missouri Star Quilt Company )

BTW....if you have photos of the quilts you have made, please put the photos in an album here on the website....or in the Quilts By Me section.
                            Awww, thank you! Everyone is so kind and helpful. I look forward to chatting and learning from all of you. Sounds fun and when I get more confident with my quilts, I'll post them. I'm my worst critic and have this horrible habit of pointing out my mistakes! I gotta get over that and stop being such a perfectionist about it.
                            Tracie

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
                              Tracie, WELCOME from Northern Arizona I spent some of my happiest times growing up on my Aunt's farm in Summerville, PA. We would spend a few weeks each summer with her. Hope you are able to find just the right machine for you. In the meantime, check in here often as there are a lot of talented and knowledgeable quilters who are happy to answer any questions you may have.
                              Thank you so much!
                              Tracie

Comment

Working...
                              X