Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally joining the forum

Greetings from Minnesota.

I have been visiting the forum regularly for more than a year and decided it was time I came out of the shadows. I feel as though I already know many of you, but realize that you know nothing about me. I am a chemotherapy nurse who enjoys sewing, scrapbooking, traveling, photography, and many other hobbies. Because I am a perfectionist, it takes me forever to complete a project. Still working on finishing a wall hanging I started back in 2007! I am in awe of those of you who are able to be so prolific. But I do enjoy the process of creating as much as I enjoy the finished product, so I find pleasure in my UFOs.

Looking forward to learning from the many talented folks here, and also how to navigate through the forum. For starters, I need to figure out how to add an avatar. The link that supposedly contains instructions took me to "Page not found." I know someone here will help this newbie.

MSN

Re: Finally joining the forum

Greetings from Ontario, Canada MSN. We enjoy many of the same crafts! If it is any consolation, I have been a member for a couple of years now and I still can't seem to upload an Avatar, or pictures, for that matter.

Welcome to the Forum. You will enjoy it!
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Oh, that DOES make me feel better!

Comment

Hello and Welcome!

Go to Settings (top right corner of this page) then to Edit Avatar and follow the directions.

Jeannette

Comment

Or if you are using a mobile device like a Kindle you won't see the settings unless you first go to the bottom and view "full site." Some things are not visible in the "default mobile view" such as being able to add pictures (you need to be in full site view) click on Manage Attachments on left, then choose file and upload in upper right. You also have to use full site to view thumb nails or attachments that other users post. Oh, and welcome to the Forum from Wisconsin!! Oh and if you need to edit your post, again you need to be in full site.
          jjkaiser
          Last edited by jjkaiser; January 25, 2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. I can identify with being a perfectionist. I like all the seams to match up & everything look good. Happy Quilting!

Comment

Glad you finally joined us. I too was a lurker here for awhile before making my introduction.

Whe thee a person is a perfectionist or not, isn't important, what is important is that they are happy with the process as well as the end result.

Comment

Hey, it worked! Thank you, Jeannette!
                Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
                Hello and Welcome!

Go to Settings (top right corner of this page) then to Edit Avatar and follow the directions.

Comment

I use my seam ripper a lot. I recently spent more money than I care to admit on a beautiful hand made walnut seam ripper. It is my new best friend. :-)
                  Originally posted by JCY View Post
                  Welcome from Colorado. I can identify with being a perfectionist. I like all the seams to match up & everything look good. Happy Quilting!

Comment

I'm sure I will almost always be using my laptop when I visit the forum, but it's good to learn the differences between that and using a mobile device. BTW, I do get over to Milwaukee occasionally, as my step-daughter lives there. Are there any good LQS in the area that I should visit?
                    Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                    Or if you are using a mobile device like a Kindle you won't see the settings unless you first go to the bottom and view "full site." Some things are not visible in the "default mobile view" such as being able to add pictures (you need to be in full site view) click on Manage Attachments on left, then choose file and upload in upper right. You also have to use full site to view thumb nails or attachments that other users post. Oh, and welcome to the Forum from Wisconsin!! Oh and if you need to edit your post, again you need to be in full site.

Comment

Welcome from Washington!

Those handmade rippers are nice! The real nice part about it is if you break it, you can by a new part for a few dollars to replace it!
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Hi and welcome from another Canadian. I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do. Join us in our daily chats and let's get to know one another.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us!
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi and welcome from Massachusetts!
                            My seam ripper is my friend too....

Comment

Working...
                            X