New Member from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Florida

Hi, I'm Martha, from the Florida Panhandle. I'm not a "quilter" but I've made a few quilts, mostly for grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I have 5 grands and 6 g-grands, with another one due in the early fall. For this new baby I want to try an Irish Chain (single), with redwork machine embroidery on the square blocks. My previous baby and kids quilts have been picture applique -- a large Peter Rabbit 30 years ago, a Fritz and the Beautiful Horses, and a hot air balloon picture. I've made a double bed rag quilt for myself, a QAYG log cabin quilt, and a wall hung forest animal quilt for my den. That one had lots of squares, rectangles, and triangles. I'm not real good at accuracy on that type of quilt. I will be using jelly rolls for the Irish Quilt. So far I've managed to do the final quilting myself, but think I may have it done for this quilt. Although I haven't quilted much, I do sew, have been sewing since I was 8 years old, now I'm 82!

What I like about this forum is the huge amount of help that you all give each other.

I feel very lucky to have found this forum.

Re: New Member from Florida

Hi Martha and welcome to the forum from Idaho! It sounds to me like you ARE a quilter!
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Hi Martha, welcome to the forum. I think you are officially a quilter.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hi Martha and Welcome

Jeannette

Comment

You sound like a quilter to me! I didn't know about this forum until about a yea ago? Wish I had known sooner, I now read it everyday, everybody is very helpful and very, very upbeat!
          I am in Kansas and just turned 71.

Comment

Welcome from Ohio. If you've made a quilt you are a quilter!!
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. The link below is Jenny's tutorial for a single Irish Chain....just click and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfIXnk_W4A
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from NJ! Yes, sounds indeed like you Are a quilter! Enjoy the process and never be afraid to ask questions on here. Lots of great help and encouragement.
                I am Sew Blessed!
                Alina

Comment

Working...
                X