Hi from Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Wisconsin

I'm from SE Wisconsin (I literally can see Illinois and Lake Michigan from my deck)

I've been sewing since I was 12, cough cough 47 cough years, I didn't come to quilting till about 10 years ago. I just couldn't wrap my head around cutting up fabric into a million little pieces and sewing it back into a piece of fabric again. Why not just make a skirt?..... But remember when public television started airing Ellanor Burns quilt in a day? I watched, and watched, and watched.............then I finally made a quilt, a log cabin, HOOKED!

When my knees finally fell completely apart and I could no longer work, I was a long haul truck driver for a bit and a HVAC Technician for longer. I quit everything for several years. Walking was almost impossible and going to the basement where my sewing room was and my bathroom wasn't was just not happening. Well my husband agreed to gut our spare bedroom so I could sew without going down the stairs, I was back in the game! I have one third the space I had in the basement, but now I'm three times more productive, just a bit cramped and I'm fine with that.

I now have a part time job at men's store where I do all the suit and tuxedo alterations, that keeps me in fabric money. Winner winner chicken dinner.

I have 3 furry monsters, all rescues. But my big Jacky, a black lab, is my craft buddy. He's a mamas boy, and has a bed on the shelf under my cutting table. If I'm not heading to craft lab early enough for him he whines and noses the door knob to the sewing room, while holding his favorite blanket in his mouth. I used to try to keep the lab hair off my projects, now I just embrace it as a design element.
    As ye sew,
    So shall ye Rip!

Re: Hi from Wisconsin

Hi neighbor! I can just about see Lake Michigan out my front door (I am in South Milwaukee). Glad that you found this Forum, a great place to trade ideas, ask questions, give opinions, just share your day whether you have a quilty one or not. Fair to say there's also lots of dog lovers here too, myself included! I have a golden/German Shepherd mix.

Comment

Welcome from WI, Fox Valley area.
      Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Another welcome from Missouri. And welcome aboard!!
          Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Idaho!
            Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Welcome from Canada. It is great to have you here.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hello and Welcome from California

Jeannette

Comment

Working...
                X