Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

A great big Howdy from chilly Utah, (-3°F)! I'm glad you are amongst friendly quilters of all experience levels. It is my sincerest opinion that you'll not find a more friendly or helpful bunch of awesome people than right here. I'm glad to see you've found the tutorials. They are tremendous help. Make sure you share pictures of your projects. We love to look.
    As far as your question of what quilt you purchased 2 layer cakes for, ole Grampz here says who cares? At least you have the layer cakes. lol. My wife puts me on a tight budget. lol. Yep Gramz knows how to pinch pennies. She pinches pennies so bad Abe Lincoln asked for his hat back! lol
    Again welcome! welcome!
    Sending out Luvz, Hugz, & Prayerz
    Grampz
    Last edited by Grampz; January 6, 2017, 09:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    Someone Who Will Knock You Out
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

Comment

Originally posted by Grampz View Post
      A great big Howdy from chilly Utah, (-3°F)! I'm glad you are amongst friendly quilters of all experience levels. It is my sincerest opinion that you'll not find a more friendly or helpful bunch of awesome people than right here. I'm glad to see you've found the tutorials. They are tremendous help. Make sure you share pictures of your projects. We love to look.
      As far as your question of what quilt you purchased 2 layer cakes for, ole Grampz here says who cares? At least you have the layer cakes. lol. My wife puts me on a tight budget. lol. Yep Gramz knows how to pinch pennies. She pinches pennies so bad Abe Lincoln asked for his hat back! lol
      Again welcome! welcome!
      Sending out Luvz, Hugz, & Prayerz
      Grampz
      Hey Grampz! Thanks for the welcome!. I've about decided to use one layer cake for one design block and the other for a diffeent block and put them together. I've got yardage for the outside and binding and I'll call it a "I Can't Remember" Quilt!

Comment

I like your title. I made a quilt from the tutorial called Tipsy Tumbler quilt, but instead of using the tumbler template I used the periwinkle template. I realized my mistake after I had cut the pieces. So I made it and called it "Stop quilting and go fly a kite" quilt. I put tails on the kite too.Stop Quilting and Go Fly a Kite Quilt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DNeubauer View Post
          I like your title. I made a quilt from the tutorial called Tipsy Tumbler quilt, but instead of using the tumbler template I used the periwinkle template. I realized my mistake after I had cut the pieces. So I made it and called it "Stop quilting and go fly a kite" quilt. I put tails on the kite too.[ATTACH=CONFIG]138930[/ATTACH]
          I love it!!! The ole memory just isn't what it once was! HAHA

Comment

Working...
          X