Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

    Welcome from Houston, Texas Joan. I second the putting it in a bag or box with notes about what I was going to make. My mind just doesn't remember as much as it used to. I choose to think of it as needing more RAM
    Patrice S

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

      Howdy from Texas too! San Antonio to be exact.

      When I get a project in mind, either because I bought the pattern or the fabric, I make an entry in OneNote on my computer. I have a little template set up for quilts, so I copy it and add the parts I have already obtained (pattern, fabric, etc). Then the things I need are left to be filled in. It works great for me so far.

      I use OneNote because it's free and easy to make notes and such. And there's a companion app on my phone, so I have access to my notes when I'm at the store too. win win But there are other ways to keep track too - quiltplanner.com is a printed calendar journal that looks good.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

        I can't help you with the quilt pattern you are looking for, but boy am I glad to see so many of us do the same thing.

        I started writing the pattern name, and the fabric I bought for it down. Then when it arrives I put that paper with the info on it right with the fabric. Especially if it pre-cuts.
        Have a blessed day
        Pam[/I]
        [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

          Originally posted by cashs mom View Post
          Welcome from Houston, Texas Joan. I second the putting it in a bag or box with notes about what I was going to make. My mind just doesn't remember as much as it used to. I choose to think of it as needing more RAM
          I totally agree! I'm still looking, but I'll find something. Thanks for the welcome. I'm in San Antonio!

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

            Thanks so much. Lesson learned: YOU WILL NOT REMEMBER. WRITE IT DOWN!!! ha

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

              Originally posted by snippet View Post
              Howdy from Texas too! San Antonio to be exact.

              When I get a project in mind, either because I bought the pattern or the fabric, I make an entry in OneNote on my computer. I have a little template set up for quilts, so I copy it and add the parts I have already obtained (pattern, fabric, etc). Then the things I need are left to be filled in. It works great for me so far.

              I use OneNote because it's free and easy to make notes and such. And there's a companion app on my phone, so I have access to my notes when I'm at the store too. win win But there are other ways to keep track too - quiltplanner.com is a printed calendar journal that looks good.
              Thank you for your reply. I, too, am in San Antonio. Do you think we might know each other? haha I'm not familiar with OneNote at all. Is it difficult to learn?

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                If you are like me... you saw that fabric in a tutorial or block and that is what you got it for. I always get two layer cakes if I am planning to make the quilt I saw in a Queen or bigger.

                I learned the BIG ZIP LOCK BAG trick a while back too... I make up quilt kits.

                My best advice is to relax... and enjoy watching videos until you find the one Jenny made with that fabric. The Tutorials don't always match the quilts in the BLOCK. Jenny make one on the video and uses one fabric line and when BLOCK comes out, it may be in another line. Just be patient.. it will come to you.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                  HELLO!

                  I believe that you will find that Jenny did the "DISAPPEARING HOURGLASS" Quilt with the "Miss Kate" Line by Bonnie and Camille, and the quilt is in Volume 1 ... issue 4 of Block!! Pages 16-23.

                  Please look up the tutorial also... I think you will enjoy it! The tutorial is a different fabric...

                  Here it is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXggafOP230&t=131s
                  Last edited by kensington; January 3, 2017, 09:07 PM.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                    Bump! I hope you see this!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                      Originally posted by kensington View Post
                      HELLO!

                      I believe that you will find that Jenny did the "DISAPPEARING HOURGLASS" Quilt with the "Miss Kate" Line by Bonnie and Camille, and the quilt is in Volume 1 ... issue 4 of Block!! Pages 16-23.

                      Please look up the tutorial also... I think you will enjoy it! The tutorial is a different fabric...

                      Here it is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXggafOP230&t=131s
                      Oh... that just might be it! I'm confused, however because I purchased 2 layer cakes of the same fabric! I'm not sure what I was thinking.... wonder how it would look.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                        Originally posted by kensington View Post
                        If you are like me... you saw that fabric in a tutorial or block and that is what you got it for. I always get two layer cakes if I am planning to make the quilt I saw in a Queen or bigger.

                        I learned the BIG ZIP LOCK BAG trick a while back too... I make up quilt kits.

                        My best advice is to relax... and enjoy watching videos until you find the one Jenny made with that fabric. The Tutorials don't always match the quilts in the BLOCK. Jenny make one on the video and uses one fabric line and when BLOCK comes out, it may be in another line. Just be patient.. it will come to you.
                        This is definitely a possibility. I'm going to look again tomorrow. I have files on my computer, too. While I'm almost positive it's one of Jenny's, it "could" be someone elses.... Thanks for the advice about relaxiing. The first night I went to bed and dreamed (or had nightmares) about that silly quilt. I'm finding as I get older that my memory isn't what it was and I'm not liking it very much.
                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                          Maybe you bought two because you were planning to make it in a Queen or King? The size in the BLOCK is no bigger than a Full bed size. I think that the Disappearing hour glass looks good in the "Miss Kate" fabrics.

                          The only other site that I can think of that uses those lines Bonnie and Camille.. "Miss Kate" (and others in those colors) quite a bit is Craftsy. You may check them out. There are more lines in those colors by Bonnie and Camille too. I got a bunch on a Bus tour a few years ago.

                          I used one of their lines.. same colors, different prints, for a BIG Pinwheel quilt and also for a Double Slice Layer Cake. I get a lot of compliments on those. You might look at those tutorials for your fabrics. I also like to get extra fabrics or use extra to make matching Shams and toss pillows to match my quilts, so I have a whole ensemble when I change out the quilts in my bedrooms.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                            PS... Here are links to the two quilts I made with one of the Bonnie and Camille lines... Vintage Modern I do believe.

                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...chmentid=74690
                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...chmentid=74705

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                              Originally posted by kensington View Post
                              Maybe you bought two because you were planning to make it in a Queen or King? The size in the BLOCK is no bigger than a Full bed size. I think that the Disappearing hour glass looks good in the "Miss Kate" fabrics.

                              The only other site that I can think of that uses those lines Bonnie and Camille.. "Miss Kate" (and others in those colors) quite a bit is Craftsy. You may check them out. There are more lines in those colors by Bonnie and Camille too. I got a bunch on a Bus tour a few years ago.

                              I used one of their lines.. same colors, different prints, for a BIG Pinwheel quilt and also for a Double Slice Layer Cake. I get a lot of compliments on those. You might look at those tutorials for your fabrics. I also like to get extra fabrics or use extra to make matching Shams and toss pillows to match my quilts, so I have a whole ensemble when I change out the quilts in my bedrooms.
                              That definitely could be. I just wish I could remember. Getting older really isn't fun.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Newby from Texas with a Serious Problem...

                                Originally posted by kensington View Post
                                PS... Here are links to the two quilts I made with one of the Bonnie and Camille lines... Vintage Modern I do believe.

                                http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...chmentid=74690
                                http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...chmentid=74705
                                They are really pretty. I've got some files that I seem to remember downloading. I'm going to look there tonight. Thanks again!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X