New Member in Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member in Massachusetts

Hi, I am new here to the forum. I discovered the website through a friend who is an awesome quilter. I consider myself a beginner quilter and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Jenny's tutorials. I have actually made a couple quilt tops using her tutorials. She makes them so easy to understand and gives me the confidence to try new ones. However on the Hunter Star, I am making this quilt for my daughter, it is very time consuming but I LOVE how the star squares came out, however here is my dilema... the star squares when sewn together come out being 5 inch squares but when you do the four patches those squares are now 4 3/4 inches so they are too small to sew together with the star squares. Did anyone else have this same problem or is it only me? I just don't know what to do now, I hate the thought of having to take the stars apart and resize them (that's a lot of ripping out!). Any ideas out there? I'm thinking the only thing I can do is buy another layer cake and cut the four patches at 5 1/2 inches so they will be the correct size. Help please!

Re: New Member in Massachusetts

I would either border the small squares with a "really nice co ordinating fabric" for an added touch... or cut the stars down to size and make them "blunt ended stars"....LOL That is the weird out of the box GB thinking.... Sorry to those of you that i have made cringe,,, but i am just not OCD of ANY kind... hehehehehe
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I'm with you GrammaBabs, if it fits sew it! Or as Tim Gunn says..... Make it work!

Comment

Hello Mamavan, welcome from Pennsylvania, it may be faster to ask your question on another thread. There's one called Quilting Questions. Someone I'm sure will be able to help you there.
        Last edited by ILove2quilt; January 12, 2017, 05:46 PM.
        Ginger snaps :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
        X