Joining in the fun from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining in the fun from Minnesota

I'm a previous member of QCA and a current member of QATW, so online forums are not new to me. I was surprised to hear from a friend on QATW that MSQC had a forum, so I rushed right over to join. Surprise #2 - it seems I joined here in 2013 but have never posted. How did that happen?

Anyhow... I am 5-years retired, living in central north Minnesota on a bluff along the Mississippi River. Our state boasts 10,000 lakes, but somehow I ended up living on the muddy Mississippi. I share this home with my hubby of 37 years and one dog (vizsla) and one cat (rescued calico). I enjoy reading, gardening, cooking, computer graphics, volunteering, and of course, quilting.

I taught myself to quilt in 2009 with the help of a book by Fons & Porter, but I didn't get into it seriously until full retirement in spring of 2011. I have a Bernina 440QE, a Singer Featherweight 1948, and a used early model HQ16 midarm with no bells or whistles. I love attending quilt shows, quilt classes, and quilt retreats!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting other quilters here. About how many of you are there? Any others from Minnesota? Others from QCA or QATW? Others who enjoy collecting fabric? LOL

Re: Joining in the fun from Minnesota

Welcome from Kansas! Glad you realized you joined, LOL. Lots of friendly folks here, just join right in the conversations and you'll get to know most of the "regulars" very quickly!
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome from Kentucky! I'm a QCA member, but I don't use their forum.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Welcome from England, they're a friendly bunch of people on here.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin, we are neighbors! I have been a member on here for about 4 years and I don't even know what QCA or QATW is!! But I am pretty sure it has something to do with quilting. Glad you rediscovered us!!

Comment

Welcome from Idaho!
            Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia!
              Cindy

Comment

Welcome from another collector of fabrics!
                Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Myrna, they seem to have so many technical problems slowing down their site. I gave up.

Comment

MaryUK, I've met a Frances from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, through those other online forums. Would love to get to the UK sometime to meet the British quilters!

Comment

jjkaiser, QCA = Quilters Club of America, first started by Fons & Porter but now owned by some large media conglomerate. QATW = Quilting Around the World, a privately run group with only 120 or so members and absolutely no advertising. Both groups do swaps, quilt-alongs, retreats, and the like. QATW has a live chat room which is a very nice feature. I prefer these forums to Facebook quilting groups as those are much too big and I never feel like I'm getting to know the quilters in them. I like things more personal.

Comment

Deb, do you know Gini Howard from Sandpoint or Jackie Hughes from Coerr dAlane (sp?)?

Comment

GaGa, I'm helplessly addicted, I fear!

I'm heading to a week-long quilt retreat in Branson in early March. Is that anywhere near Kirksville? You can bet I'll be stopping at MSQC on the drive down!

Comment

Hello and Welcome from California

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by MNnancy View Post
                              GaGa, I'm helplessly addicted, I fear!

I'm heading to a week-long quilt retreat in Branson in early March. Is that anywhere near Kirksville? You can bet I'll be stopping at MSQC on the drive down!
                              Kirksville is in the far northeast corner of Missouri so not near Branson but you may pass through our town on your way down! MSQC is about 2 hours from here! Let me know if you come through here - we could meet - or maybe I'll be making a trip to M* when you're there! I am always willing to add to my collection of fabric!!
                              Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                              X