Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello...my name is Pat and have enjoyed machine piecing and free motion quilting for about 5 yrs now. I look fwd to my morning email and the daily deal! Gets me in Dutch sometimes w/hubby but he enjoys my hobby.
    I have a question...I accidentallly ordered a flannel layer cake along with a cotton layer cake for a baby quilt, can I mix flannel and cotton?
    Glad I came across a forum from Missouri Star.
    Thanks, Pat

Re: Newbie

I have mixed lots of fabrics before I thought better of it! One kit even had a satiny sari-type fabric in it. They should work out OK. I did have to fray-check the edge of the satin material as it was frizzing all over the place.

Welcome to the forum!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I too have mixed different types of fabric. Go for it...it will probably turn out great! There are no quilt police...so feel free to share your creations with us. Welcome to M*QC forums!
      LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

It is wonderful to have a place to go and ask before I get started. Thanks for your help!
        Happy Thanksgiving!
        Pat

Comment

Lol....we are our worst critics.
          I enjoy the videos and Block magazine and do have a few quilts that are done and gone. Mostly baby shower gifts.
          Now that I've found this forum, I'll be more likely to stretch my comfort zone.
          Happy Thanksgiving!
          Pat

Comment

One of the baby quilts I did was a cotton front and flannel back. I figured it was best of both worlds!

Comment

Working...
            X