1/2 way through first quilt and new to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 way through first quilt and new to this site

Hi ladies I am loving working on my first quilt ever. It is a dresden plate and just purchased materials for my border, framing the blocks and the strips to around my blocks. I'm really going to enjoy this new hobby. I thought this would be a great place to learn tips, techniques and shortcuts to help me with my new hobby.

Re: 1/2 way through first quilt and new to this site

You're a brave girl to start with a Dresden Plate for your first quilt! Hope you get lots of good tips here to help you through it!
    "The Lord is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation." Exodus 15:2

:icon_happy:

Visit my blog! www.quaintncozycottage.blogspot.com :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome libbydawn! This is a wonderful site for great deals, instructions and inspiration! Did you get one of the Dresden Plate rulers shown in the tutorial here? Wonderful tool to have, I just got one and have played around with it alittle. Can't wait to make a quilt using it! I hope you show us some pictures of your progress and finished quilt.
      patti
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Welcome!! That Dresden Plate looks so complicated but is so EASY!! Way to come out of the gate running LOL....I can't wait to see it..remember if you have any questions we are all here to help!!
        Michele

Comment

Good for you !!! Share pictures with us when your finished.

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! My quilt is 30 blocks. Being my first one, I've decided to only put 15 of my plates on it. Just every other block and my block is a white on white floral print. I'm going to quilt in the ditch and leave the white blocks plain with no quilting. I need to get some pictures on!!

Comment

oooh yes, please post pics!
              "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

Working...
              X