Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waving hello from across the big pond

Hi,

Currently living in beautiful Strathalbyn in the Adelaide Hills. Still working part-time though consider myself very lucky to be working from home. Mother to three adult children and grandmother to two adorable grand daughters.

I have always wanted to learn to quilt and have finally taken the plunge though I do feel like I have fallen down the quilting 'rabbit hole'!

It is all a bit of a challenge for someone who has never sewn anything in her life nor owned a sewing machine before.

As I tend to learn by doing I hopped right in and started a largish quilt which may not have been the most sensible decision I have ever made. Purchased an inexpensive basic sewing machine, some lovely Mill Book 1982 series, watched Jenny's video of Katie's Quilt countless times and I was off and away, a whole new world and journey with so much to learn.

Katie's Quilt02.jpg

The quilt top still needs needs pressing and adding of borders. Then I am well and truly stuck as I sincerely doubt that I am coordinated enough to do any 'free hand' quilting ... sighs. Suppose I could manage 'quilt in the ditch'

Jeanette

Re: Waving hello from across the big pond

Hello from Texas. YOU have done a great job. You can do stitch in the ditch or even some straight line quilting with the walking foot.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Your quilt is beautiful. Nicely done!

BTW I had the privilege of living in NSW for a couple of years. I still miss your wonderful country.
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Hi and thanks Karen

For a first effort I am reasonably pleased but being a bit of a perfectionist had to keep reminding myself of Jenny's saying "Done is better than perfect".

Learnt heaps though!

Jeanette

Comment

Hi and thank-you.

I am an American by birth ( Chicago) but the family moved to Calgary when I was just a baby then to Australia when I was 8 years old. Australia is a great place but even after all these years home to me is Canada. One day I hope to visit the USA and Canada.

Northern California would be lovely.

jeanette

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hello Jeanette from another Jeannette in northern California

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. It looks like you're off to a great start on your quilting journey.

Comment

Welcome Jeannette to the forum from southeast Louisiana. What a beautiful quilt..

Comment

Working...
                  X