Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, new to Missouri Star Quilt Company Forum

Hi fellow quilters,
    I am new to Missouri Star Quilt Company, but have been quilting starting my fourth year now. I live in the very northern area of New York State (Dexter). I love quilting with a capital Q!!!!! I work full time as a Family Case Manager, but wish I was home during the daytime to quilt. However in about six years I will be able to retire and quilt to my hearts content.

Does anyone know where I can purchase 2 - Layer Cakes of the Blue Metallica Dance of the Dragonflies. I absolutely love this fabric and it is GORGEOUS! Does anyone know when it will be offered again on this company's daily sale?
    My favorite things to create are wild life images (last one a large blue heron) and landscape quilts, but I also truly love to create various patterned quilts such as the coin quilts, Dissapearing Nine Patch and have now designed my own quilt for a dear friend of mine called, "Floating Planets". When it is done, if there is a way to place a picture on it, I will try. This is my first attempt at doing this (nervous but excited at the same time). Please feel free to email me if you want a quilting email friend.

Re: Hi, new to Missouri Star Quilt Company Forum

Welcome to the forum.

That is a beautiful fabric collection, and seems to be pretty popular, I can't find any available at the websites that I usually go to. But the good news is, that it is a relatively new line of fabric (released in August 2016) so there's a good chance that MSQ will restock. Will it be on the Daily Deal anytime soon? That's a good question, and one that we wouldn't know. Daily Deals are always a fun surprise.

In the forum list, there's a section called "show & tell", you can upload your pictures and post them there. Would love to see some of your lovely creations.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! I was born in NY state, but I haven't lived there since I was a toddler. I've lived in 8 states; I like Colorado the best. We've been here 38 yrs.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Kansas!

You can always put that fabric on your wish list and they will let you know when it's back in stock.

And definitely post pics of your quilts! We would love to see them!
          Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum from California

Jeannette

Comment

Hi welcome from Wisconsin!! You will LOVE it here. The people are great and there is always interesting discussions going on. You will learn lots and make many new friends.
              That dragonfly fabric is really pretty. Also pretty expensive lol! Nancy's Notions carries it $11.99/yard. You will just have to keep checking websites for a sale, and hopefully you will find one eventually, it could be a long wait. Or you never know, it could go on sale tomorrow!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!! M* had that layer cake as a dd in September. I was in Hamilton and they sold out pretty quickly. Maybe they'll offer it again when they have it back in stock.
                Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Hi Cheryl! I bought yardage of that fabric and agree it is so beautiful! Hope you can find it! MSQC rarely runs the same fabrics as daily deals twice.

I looked up Dexter, NY, and see you are close to Watertown. My daughter moved to Massena, NY a year ago, and we fly in and out of Syracuse to get to her town. I drive right by Dexter on my way up I 81. We have a forum friend in Kingston ON, you and she are practically neighbors! We get together with a couple of other Canadian members when I go up to visit! Maybe you can join us next time we plan a get together!

Glad to have you on the forum! Be sure to show us your projects when you finish them!

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Hope you can find the fabric you are looking for. Doubt you will find it on sale at M* again though.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Southeast Louisiana.

Comment

Welcome from Washington! That fabric you are looking for is beautiful! It was the deal one day we were at the forum. I know several people also bought yardage of it as well. Good luck!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

welcome from southern California

Comment

Welcome from Texas! I'm sure you'll like it here.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.Good luck finding your fabric,sometimes you can find recent lines on Ebay and Etsy.
                              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
                              X