Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from chilly, damp Scotland

Hi,

I'm from Scotland, I've been quilting for a few years, but I'm still very much a beginner. Most of what I've learned has been from Jenny once I discovered her tutorials on youtube. what a revelation!!!

I was wondering who else from the UK is here on the forum?

Re: Hello from chilly, damp Scotland

Aloha from Kauai! I always wanted to travel to your country. I'm Scottish on my dads side. There are plenty of members on your side of the world
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Welcome from Colorful Colorado in the USA. I've never been to Scotland. My former BIL married a gal from Scotland when he was stationed over there with the Navy. My only 2 ventures across the pond were when my son married a Dutch gal in the Netherlands, and when I visited them when he was stationed in the UK. Both beautiful countries & so many old, historic sites to visit.

Comment

Welcome from TX. No ties to Scotland for me.

Comment

Welcome Eileen to the forum from Southeast Louisiana.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us. You will feel at home here in no time at all. I am Irish descent and have never traveled to your country but we have two Scottish Terriers, Dottie and Olive, who keep us smiling.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello and Welcome from California I've always wanted to visit your wonderful country. Someday, perhaps.

Jeannette

Comment

Hello and welcome from England!! I am in West Yorkshire and can see the start of the Yorkshire moors from my bedroom windows!! I have been to Scotland with my DH with work but have never really visited. I know I am missing out as I have some good friends from various parts of Scotland. Hopefully when I retire I'll get to see The Highlands!!
                I too have been quilting for only a few years and consider myself to be a beginner. You'll enjoy being here, I'm sure!!

Comment

I am also in Europe in the Basque Country and from here I welcome you to this wonderful forum, I know your country but my little daughter spent a month with her husband and marveling came from all the history and the monuments that I saw, says you have to go back

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. I love your wonderful country--the time I spent in Inverness was glorious. (I LOVE chilly and damp! Truthfully!) I also spent time in Edinburgh--such lovely wool and the best used bookshop in the world (Leakey's)! I rode the train from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh just for the scenery.
                    Last edited by Angelia; October 22, 2016, 08:22 PM.
                    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
                      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hello Eileen and welcome from England. I love Scotland and once cycled round the Orkneys with my bike loaded with camping gear. I'm addicted to fabric and when I was in the Outer Hebrides with my daughter we visited Harris and saw beautiful tweed.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from rural Ontario, Canada! We were in Scotland in July and loved every minute of it....too bad I didn't know you were there or we could have met in person. You will enjoy the Forum. It is a wonderful spot to exchange ideas on just about every subject under the sun.
                          Peggiep
                          "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Hi Sheena, I'm not sure if I've already sent this reply or not, so sorry if you got this twice.!! Great to hear from you, must have been fit to have cycled up some of the hills we have. I lived most of my younger years in England as my Dad was in the RAF and we moved every 2 years. Lots of beautiful places there as well. I have also got the fabric bug, I go to charity shops and look for fabric for backing and sashing.

Comment

Hi, believe it or not, I lived in Cheyenne Wy for 10 years, that was were I learned to quilt originally. My ex was in the USAF. I came back to the UK after my divorce to be with my family. many happy memories though.

Comment

Working...
                              X