Not A New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not A New Member

Hi, I joined the forum in 2011, but have not been active due to family circumstances. Over the past few years I have read posts and tried to keep up with the forum. I just recently started sewing, again. The main reason I have not participated was that my 90 year old Mother started experiencing health problems, not long after I joined. She passed away a few months ago at the age of 95. Slowly, my husband and I have been returning to our "normal"life, if there is such a thing as "normal". Anyway, won't go into anymore details. Hope to start participating more, and learn some new things. Really enjoy Jenny's Tutorials and reading the forum.
    JB

Re: Not A New Member

Hi and welcome back. I can sympathise with you as I have lost 2 close family members within the last 5 months.
    This forum and getting back to sewing has really helped me, hopefully it will do the same for you.

Comment

Welcome back. You have my sympathy. I lost both my parents within three months. Dad in March and Mom in June. Sewing is great therapy.

Comment

Welcome back. It's been years since I lost mother and hubby (1 week apart back then) and soon afterwards I moved in with my father, he is 82 now and major health issues, so Sewing is definitely saving my sanity. This past year I lost my 2 BFF's of over 30 years, so it has been a struggle. But just about 3 weeks ago I was blessed with another grand daughter!

Comment

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your Mother.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hello and welcome back to the forum.I am sorry for your loss.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome back to the forum. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom. I hope the forum is a blessing to you.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome back! I'm sorry for your loss. After losing someone you're so close to, it's hard to return to "normal" but you can create a "new normal" that works for you. Best wishes.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Welcome back, and I am also sorry to hear about your mother. She lived a very long life though so you were fortunate to have her around so long. (My mom died at age 71). Hope you find your sewing mojo again!

Comment

welcome back, sorry for your loss. I lost my father 2 weeks ago. I was very close to him and lived with and cared for him for the last few years of his life. Memories i will never forget. It was difficult, i so glad i was able to love him and be with him for the last years of his life. I miss him terribly Sewing and getting on with us will sure help. looking for to seeing you crafts. And congratulations on your new grandbaby..

Comment

Hello and welcome back! Sorry about the loss of your Mom. Many of us have reached that age where the roles are reversed with our parents. I lost my Mom in February. Quilting is great therapy!
                      I am Sew Blessed!
                      Alina

Comment

Working...
                      X