Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hello! My name is Neisha. I live in mid-Michigan. I have never quilted anything in my life. I can barely sew. But, I adore quilts and have immense respect for the people who create them. I am an avid reader and frequently visit my local library. I was looking for something new to read one day and stumbled on the Elm Creek Quilts series. I read all but 2 of the books and have decided that I want to learn to make quilts.
    I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 little girls, Amelia and Audrey. Amelia is starting first grade and Audrey is starting full-time preschool. I also have 2 stepsons. Aidan is going into 6th grade. And Caleb has been our angel in heaven for almost 2 years. ♥
    Since I am very new to this, a friend who sews and quilts reached out to me and told me about this site. I can't wait to learn!

Re: Hello!

Welcome from Colorado. I grew up in Mich. Be sure to browse the YouTube tutorials. You can google quilting info. & probably will be able to view lots of how-to's. If there is a quilt shop in your area, you could take a beginner's quilting class to learn the basics. Once the quilting bug bites you, you're off & running. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome from Missouri

Comment

Hi Neisha and Welcome from California!

Jeannette

Comment

Hello and welcome from Idaho!
          Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would recommend Jenny's baby quilt tutorial using charm squares. It is a great beginner tutorial.

Here's the video to part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R685a6CDyCg
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Neisha....glad you joined us. Since you are a beginner you will enjoy watching the tutorials. Visit here often so we can get to know each other.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey! Don't hesitate to ask questions on here - lots of friendly helpful quilters on here. And, no quilt police!
                  I am Sew Blessed!
                  Alina

Comment

Hello, and welcome to a great community. You might want to get very familiar with your machine and learn how to sew a quarter inch seam consistently before you spend much money and jump into a big project. Some people get discouraged right away doing that, and we don't want that to happen to you!
                    A class for beginner quilters would be a great idea, if one is offered near you. With your youngest one starting pre-school, you will finally have some time to do what you want to do.

Comment

welcome from washington. You will love it here.

Comment

Welcome from Florida. My advice is to take some beginning quilting classes from your local quilt shop. Also there's so many YouTube videos which are helpful, but you get a lot of personal help in local classes.
                        Quilting is a wonderful hobby. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Neisha. The great thing about this forum, apart from such friendly people, is that no question is ever trivialised by the members. So ask as many questions as you need, someone is sure to be able to help you.

Comment

Working...
                          X