New member from the United Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from the United Kingdom

Hello, My name is Jean and thank you for accepting me on this forum. I am retired and have recently started living landside after 12 years on a narrowboat, cruising the inland waterways in England. I have always enjoyed sewing, but quilting is very new to me. I have watched nearly all Jenny's videos, and she has taught me a lot. I have joined a sewing club, one lady of whom is an avid quilter and is there to advise should I need it.

My main interest is quilt as you go as I only have a domestic machine and a small table to work on. I haven't progressed to free motion quilting yet, but am practising and stitch in the ditch seems ok for now.

I have made a decision to make Christmas stocking's using Jenny's video as a pattern.

I hope to get lots of ideas.

Re: New member from the United Kingdom

Hi, Jean, and welcome to the forum from Missouri. This is a great place to learn and to make quilty friends.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome to the Terra Firma! Wishing you much fun and success with your new endeavors (on land and at the machine)!

Comment

Hi Jean and welcome from Idaho!
        Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Hello Jean and welcome to the forum.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi Jean welcome to the forum and the world of quilting from Massachusetts.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

There are so many ideas and small projects here that you will never be bored. Sounds like a very interesting life you had. Welcome aboard
                sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

Hi Jean! Welcome aboard!!
                  Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey. Glad you joined this forum and hope you post some photos of our quilts. Are you enjoying living landside?

Comment

Hi Jean and welcome to dry land and the wonderful world of quilting. You will be amazed at what you can do with a "small" machine.
                      ***Kathy***

Comment

Hi and welcome from England. What part of the UK are you living in? I'm from Shipley in West Yorkshire.

Comment

Welcome from Glasgow UK.
                          sigpic Christine.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Saskatchewan!

Comment

Hi Jean! Welcome!
                              I've only been quilting for 2 years but I do free motion lap quilts (about 60x80" max) on my cheap domestic machine. I'm thinking of combining that with some thick quilt-as-you-go borders soon to see how that looks. There are a few of us on here who still keep things old school 😊
                              P.S. I worked in Manchester for 5yrs and Haywards Heath for another 5 and gave up spinning/weaving temporarily when I moved here (no one does that here). I still plan to move back to Sussex to retire!

Comment

Working...
                              X