Hi everyone new young guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone new young guy here

Hi all so this is gonna be a intro / help post. i hope that is ok...

Well i am a 32 year old male living in Miami who has discovered quilting (the E-Truehollywood story is too intense for this initial post i think so i will keep it light lol if you really want to know ask and i will share. Very proud of this...) and its all i can think about and do now lol I went from building houses and partying to fabric and design in 8 months. Crazh huh? I attached what i have been working on. kinda self taught. I am proud how far i come in less than a year but really don't have any friends that quilt and as much as i love it i am having the hardest time with something that i am under pressure to do. I desperately need help and some advice. I hope to hear back from someone i attached some photos of my work and me
    ATTACH=CONFIG]134403[/ATTACH]13879281_648834641937185_8424186366221420152_n.jpg
    Attached Files

Re: Hi everyone new young guy here

Welcome from Kansas! Wow! I'm impressed with how much you've done and your designs! You've done more in a year than a lot do in years!

You've found the right place for support and encouragement. Feel free to ask questions and ask for help, everyone here is happy to help.
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome JJ from Washington State (formerly from Naples Florida). You'll find lots of folks here willing to share ideas and techniques with you, so don't hesitate to ask. Post your questions in the "Quilting Questions" or "General Discussion" section and I'll bet dollars to donuts you'll get lots of helpfull advice.

Comment

Welcome JJ!! It is wonderful to have you here!

I love your quilts. I think you are off to a wonderful start on your quilting journey!!

And because I love a good "how I came to quilting" story (and I'm nebby! lol) I would love to hear how you got here.
        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Hello J.J. from another J.J. on here but I am betting that your real name is not also Jocelyn like mine! Welcome from Wisconsin! You picked the right Forum to join, any questions you have you will get tons of help and lots of advice here too if that's what you are looking for. And you will make so many new friends here. Okay so I am dying to hear the true Hollywood Story! I hope you will eventually share it with us.

I love your quilts. You have lots of interesting patterns. I think you would love looking at the Missouri Star's magazine called Mod Block. Most of the patterns there are modern contemporary and that looks right up your alley.
          Last edited by jjkaiser; August 22, 2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hi JJ and welcome!! You have produced some really great quilts!! Glad you joined us!!
            ***Kathy***

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. We're always glad to have more men participate on the Forum. Glad you're enjoying quilting. There really are a lot of men who quilt & do other crafty things that we usually think only women do. It's a very creative hobby. I hope you don't live anywhere near where the Zika outbreak in Miami is. Stay safe! Happy Quilting!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. We're always glad to have more men participate on the Forum. Glad you're enjoying quilting. There really are a lot of men who quilt & do other crafty things that we usually think only women do. It's a very creative hobby. I hope you don't live anywhere near where the Zika outbreak in Miami is. Stay safe! Happy Quilting!

Be sure you fill out some basic info. on the "About Me" on your profile page.

Comment

Cutting wood and cutting fabric isn't much different, Measure twice and cut once right? lol

Welcome from Kauai!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hi and welcome from Canada. Ask away, you have come the right place.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hey, JJ! Welcome from the River Valley Arkansas!
                      Just know, ask questions when you're stuck or need inspiration (the photo gallery is great for this)! And also remember, check out the user notes some of us have on very useful information!
                      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Always happy to welcome a guy quilter.

Comment

Hey JJ!

Welcome from Maryland! My first quilt took me over two years to complete (nothing like a new grandbaby for inspiration to finish... )

Now, I'm up to 8 quilt tops since January - and 3 are finished, one is in the process of being quilted and another is begging to be sandwiched.

There are some amazing quilters here, and you can get inspiration from all!
                          What ever inspired you to quilt, say "thank you" and above all, enjoy!!

Comment

Welcome from Jersey. JJ you're such a tease, showing us your excellent quits and hinting there's an interesting story behind your recent love of quilting. Please share it as inquiring minds would like to know. At least this old granny does.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. With quilting you can let your imagination run wild - colors instead of brown wood and a variety of angles rather than the typical 90. But it's the other differences that make it more fun - you can quilt any time of the day and, since you are indoors, you can quilt in any weather or season.

I agree Mod Block is a great place for inspiration - but from your pictures it looks like you are already on your way!

Comment

Working...
                              X