new to group, I make Quilts of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to group, I make Quilts of Honor

I love to make quilts and I am involved in making quilts for veterans, called Quilts of Honor a quilted hug of gratutide. Currently making quilts for the Purple Hearts convention in April in Branson MO. We have a group that gets together once a month to work on our quilts. We will be presenting 150 quilts. We won't be making them all they will come from the Quilts of Honor groups. It is so rewarding to see the smiles and a few tears when we award them a quilt, it makes me want to keep makeing more. We have also made QOH for the Viet Nam veterans chapter.
    My kids, grand kids and great grand kids all have my quilts so devote my sewing to this cause.
    Would love suggestions for Purple Hearts Quilts.
    I love Jenny's Block magazine and have used lots of her patterns. I just finished the top in red and white using her Hunter's Star pattern. it is so much easier to make then the old regular pattern. No Y seams! I am going yo use a blue backing and binding so it has a little blue on the front. I am thinking of make it in purple and white, I will test a block and see how I like it.
    Looking forward to hints and ideas from all of you.

Re: new to group, I make Quilts of Honor

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for all you do for our veterans. My dad, 3 uncles and two sons and several nephews all served in wars from WWII thru the current gulf wars.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

Welcome from Canada.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi, and Welcome. Are the QOH quilts all the same size? Are they bed size or lap quilt size?

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri, Maggie. Glad you joined us.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Maggie, and Welcome!!

Jeannette

Comment

Hi Maggie welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.Thank you for remembering and honoring our vets with quilts.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome from Texas! Thank you for making the QOV. My son was a recipient of one 8 years ago. It was with him all the time during his long hospital recovery. It was like a security blanket for him.
                "I once had a rose named after me and I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against the wall."
                Eleanor Roosevelt

************************************************** ***********************

Jill sigpic

Comment

Oh you are a wonderful person to be so involved making the quilts of honor, such a worthy cause!! My BIL is very active in a group here that does the honor flights to Washington DC. He has chaperoned many times and finds it very rewarding. Welcome from Wisconsin, and looking forward to seeing pics of some of your beauties.

Comment

Welcome Maggie. Your contribution to the QOV is wonderful. I hope to be able to do some of these also (after I retire). Such a worthy cause!!
                    ***Kathy***

Comment

Working...
                    X