Hello From Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Los Angeles

Hi - after some life changes here, have decided to delve into quilt making whole heartedly. I made a couple of simple quilts 20 or more years ago so am really a rank beginner. I bought Electric Quilt and have been spending a lot of time in the last few weeks learning this fairly complicated software - and I just love it. I have experience doing graphic illustration so the tools are not too unfamiliar. I also have purchased several online quilting classes on Craftsy - just finished watching Carol Doak paper piecing and am currently watching the Mimi Dietrich hand appliqué videos...yet to watch is another class on fusible appliqué.

What I would really love from a forum such as this is to get some feedback/advice for my EQ quilt designs as to how feasible they are to actually turn into real quilts. Until you have real quilting experience, imagine it is difficult to visualize the actual process even given that the software does a lot of the work for you. Am trying to learn as fast as I can but my ideas are way out ahead of my practical experience!

Here are some EQ quilts I have drawn:

(these dog heads not my original design - but I did draw them from scratch in EQ)

Will look forward to getting to know all of you happy quilters. And BTW, even though I am in LA now, I grew up in Missouri

Christine
    Attached Files

Re: Hello From Los Angeles

Oops, I have inline photos and a duplicate attached... and I see you can not edit a post after a certain time.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better

Comment

Your designs are awesome. Now, to make quilts out of them. The first quilt would make a great appliqued quilt. So would the 3rd one with the cat and flowers. Your last quilt could possibly be paper pieced. I think you are doing good at learning your software. Happy Quilting!!!

Comment

Nice designs, not sure how they would be to piece. I've only done simple quilts so far, hopefully someone with more experience will come along.
        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. I love the pup and the turtles designs!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you all. I am probably not going to actually make any of these quilts and time soon. Will start with something simpler to build up some confidence. Has any one here put together any of the paper piece kits that Silver Linings Originals sells?

http://www.silverliningsoriginals.com

Comment

I'm thinking that the last 2 would have to be paper pieced... but I am just guessing. I'm a "traditional" type gal myself, so it amazes me to see patterns like these. Hope to see one of your designs in a full blown quilt, soon.
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

The kitty and flowers is so sweet. I would make that one. Maybe a softer border.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                X