Good Morning from central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning from central Texas

Hi, I'm Marjie, I live between Waco and Dallas just off I-35. I've been quilting since 1998, though I spent the first few years mostly buying fabric! I went into a quilt store in MN during that time and asked them, "How much fabric should I buy if I really like it?" Jokingly, they replied "5 yards!" but I didn't realize it was a joke so I've had to work to whittle down that stash! I've made over 200 quilts and have given all but a few away. I am a longarm quilter, but only for my own projects. Glad to be part of the group!

Re: Good Morning from central Texas

what a funny Story! A warm welcome from Winterthur/Switzerland dear Marjie. And I thought, I am crazzy, buying eat least 3 Yards, if I like a fabric very much. It was never wrong by the way. Would you share some Pictures with all this wonderful quilters here in this Forum? We like to admire each others work so much.

Have a lot of fun here

Comment

Good Morning and Welcome Marjie! I just joined last week so I am new to the site as well. Great story by the way! :-)
      Looking forward to the pictures of your finished quilts! Enjoy!
      sigpicThat which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.... Keep Moving Forward !!... :icon_calm:

Comment

Hi Marjie, and Welcome from SE Missouri! If I love a fabric, I am tempted to buy the whole bolt!

Comment

Hello and welcome

Jeannette

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hi from East Texas. I used to drive through your neck of the woods to visit my sister when she lived in Waco. ;-)

How funny about your stash. I a new quilter so my stash is a mixed lot from sewing projects over the years.

Comment

Welcome from South Texas. I drive up I-35 when I go to the quilt retreat every year. And Now that my daughter is living in Ft Worth, I'll be making that drive a lot!

Buying fabric is so much fun! I don't buy that much but I would if I could!

We love seeing other's quilts, so please post them!

Comment

Hi Marjie and welcome to the forum. My sister lives in Temple - so I go through there usually a couples times a year.
                  ***Kathy***

Comment

Hello and welcome! You'll find plenty of enablers here with encouragement to add to your stash

Comment

Working...
                    X