Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to make a quilt using square with ST. Louis Cardinals emblem. Any suggestions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to make a quilt using square with ST. Louis Cardinals emblem. Any suggestions.....

Hi there! I am brand new to this site so please be patient with me....... I have St. Louis Cardinals fabric and would like to make my family members each a quilt without destroying the pattern. What do you suggest? I have made a t-shirt quilt for my daughter as well as approximately 7 zig zag runners from Missouri Star! So yes, you can say I am a fairly new quilter, but love, love, love it! I am eager to learn and actually self taught myself with the t-shirt quilt! Thanks all for being patient with me!!

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

Re: Want to make a quilt using square with ST. Louis Cardinals emblem. Any suggestions.....

Hi Marcia, Marcia, Marcia........your screen name cracks me up. Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a picture of the fabric showing the size of the print? That will help others with suggestions for a pattern.

Happy Quilting!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Re: Want to make a quilt using square with ST. Louis Cardinals emblem. Any suggestions.....

Hi Marcia! Welcome from northern California

Jeannette

Comment

Hi Marcia welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.If you can post a pic of the fabric you'll probably get some really good advice,it's hard to give advice without being able to see.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hi Marcia and a very warm welcome from Winterthur/Switzerland.
          I just checked the fabric and you are right, you should not cut it into too small pieces. A very easy pattern is the "Double Slice Layer cake". Here is the link to Jenny`s tutorial.

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/dou...uilt-tutorial/

I made this pattern several times and it is a very quick and easy one, also if you have to cut the pieces from fabric by Yard.

Good luck and Show us some Pictures.

Comment

and here is another one, also perfect if you want to keep the fabric in bigger pieces:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddSxGAlLQ0

Comment

Hi Marcia, Marcia! I'm from St. Louis and have the STL Cardinals fabric. It makes some really nice purses wallets and quilts! I know there are two different licensed patterns with their logo on it. One is predominantly red with the Birds on a Bat logo, and the other is red, white and blue squares with a variety of different parts of the Cardinal emblem on it. Which one do you have? The quilt pattern Warm Wishes came to my mind as it is just squares and strips. It looks complicated but is really easy.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d....html?idx=5215

Here is a link to the pattern! Good luck with your quilts and GO CARDS!
              Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 29th, 2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I have made this one using some great Christmas fabrics. Love the way it turned out.
                https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-quilt-pattern
                SliceOfLife.jpg
                ***Kathy***

Comment

There is also a cute pattern called Whimsy that uses layer cake size pieces of fabric
                  image.jpgimage.jpg
                  Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
                  X