Hello from Washington State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Washington State

What a helpful forum this is! I have had a "vacation" from sewing for about 15 years. A year ago I moved in to a new home and finally have room to set up a sewing room.....more like a sewing corner, but it works for me. I pulled out the old Bernina 1530 and fired it up. I am taking it to a Bernina store next week to get it checked over and re-oiled. So far I have made a few simple projects....some pillow covers and bags. I am so happy to discover that during my hiatus someone got the brilliant idea to sell precut fabric strips and squares. How helpful is that? In the 90s Fat Quarters were the only precuts available. I have purged my threads that have sat too long, considered a new cordless iron, bought a few notions. It is nice to know that the zillions I have invested in Bernina feet and notions can still be put to good use.

Re: Hello from Washington State

Welcome from Tacoma!!! I will be googlemapping Ridgefield....have not heard of it before!

Oh, I have driven past it on I5 many, many times!!! Never knew it because it does not have an exit! I could not be trusted to live that close to Fabric Depot!
    Last edited by bubba; July 15, 2016, 01:31 PM.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

We are off of I-5 about 15 miles north of the Columbia. You pass us every time you travel from Tacoma to Portland. We are a small town, but we are the fastest growing town in WA!

Comment

Welcome from North of Seattle! Marysville! It's also a wide spot on I-10!
        Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

HI welcome from Silverdale, Washington!
          April

Comment

We used to live in Arlington... We were stationed at Everett. Hello.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.Precuts are convenient,but you need to know that they are not always cit accurately so make sure to measure.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hello and welcome from northern California

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                  Welcome from Tacoma!!! I will be googlemapping Ridgefield....have not heard of it before!

Oh, I have driven past it on I5 many, many times!!! Never knew it because it does not have an exit! I could not be trusted to live that close to Fabric Depot!
                  Ridgefield DOES have an exit. Exit 14. The first exit south of La Center.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us. It sounds like you already have friends and neighbors here!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Texas. I love this group of forum friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane917 View Post
                        Ridgefield DOES have an exit. Exit 14. The first exit south of La Center.
                        I saw it yesterday!!! We drove to Portland to Fabric Depot and Powells. I even waved as we went past!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                          I saw it yesterday!!! We drove to Portland to Fabric Depot and Powells. I even waved as we went past!
                          I felt that wave! Next time stop and pick me up! I have ben to Fabric Depot only once.

Today I went into Portland to take my Bernina for a good cleaning. I took it to Modern Domestic on Alberta. What a nice place! I will be without a machine 7-10 days.

Comment

Welcome from Canada. Glad you dropped in.
                            Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Welcome from England, very close to the Yorkshire Dales and the town of the Bronte sisters.

Comment

Working...
                              X