New member from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Texas

Hello from HOT STICKY Spring TX! My name is Penny but my thirteen grandkids call me Meena. I will be 70 this September and I have been quilting since the mid 1990s but still consider myself to be an intermediate skill level. I have been married for 39 years yesterday and have 3 children, two sons and a daughter and as I said 13 grands and 9 great-grands. I am passionate about dogs - we have nine currently but have had as many as 15 at one time and support several rescue groups. I work full time and hope to retire in the next couple of years. When I am not at work you'll find me quilting or reading or doing counted cross stitch surrounded by my fur angels. I quilt for my family and friends and support our local Project Linus group through my company's community involvement projects. would love to make a Quilt of Valor for my son and grandson - maybe this year? I have more fabric than I will ever be able to use - it's an addiction, and many many UFO's.... I love MSQ and hope someday to be able to visit there. I am not a Guild member - think about it often but worry my skill level isn't up to par. So happy to have found this site!
    Last edited by Meenas13; July 2nd, 2016, 11:16 AM.

Re: New member from Texas

Howdy Meena!

I'm in San Antonio - less humid but still hot. Welcome to the forum. I hope you have time to post and ask questions. You sound like a busy gal.

Are you going to go to the Houston Quilt show in the fall? It's a great time.

Comment

Welcome from Kansas! You do sound busy! You will find lots of friendly folks here, jump right in, ask questions and don't be afraid to comment on other posts.
      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Penny
        Sounds like you certainly have your hands full.Happy Anniversary.
        Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Saskatchewan!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Thirteen grands....wow, you're a busy lady!!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Florida and happy belated anniversary.

Comment

Hi Meena. I'm also from hot and sticky Spring Texas. Sounds like your plate is full. I still work full time, so most of my quilting is done on weekends. I belong to a LA guild that meets in Spring a few times each year, but have still not joined a regular guild, mainly because I work in the Westchase area and it's too hard to get to a guild meeting on the North side of town in a timely manner. PM me some time if you would like to get together and meet some day. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Ottawa, Ontario Canada. It it hot and humid here also. It seems we have winter, blink for spring, and hot and humid summer. That's ok because I stay indoors and quilt. I turned 60 this year and we have 4 grandchildren living in close proximity. I hope to teach them to sew / quilt when they are older. Enjoy.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                  X