Hello dear quilters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello dear quilters

Hello dear quilters. So glad to be here with you.
    I am from Romania, Europe and brand new to quilters world. I have a Janome Horizont 8900 and have been quilting on my sewing machine.
    I would like to buy a midarm or longram quilting machine and frame but my budget is limited so i do not know what to look for? Maybe someone can help me here with its own experience or opinion. I am looking for a dealer as well in Europe. Thank you. Naomi

Re: Hello dear quilters

I don't know much of where anything is inn Europe, but if you can find a shot that sells multiple brands, or a quilt show to attend, I do recommend trying out multiple brands and styles to see which feels right to you. Someone else had suggested before to bring some sample sandwiches to test on.

Comment

Welcome from Southern California. Our oldest son adopted a daughter from Romania. She is all grown up now and in college. Welcome to the quilting world, I have a Juki 2200, don't know what you can get in your area. Good luck hunting for a machine.

Comment

Hello Naomi welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.I wish lots of luck in your search for a machine.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

welcome from Washington, youll find lots of nice people on here. I cant help you wirh a mid arm machine i am also to new to quilting, just got a new sewing machine. its a babylock and I just adore it/

Comment

I don't have any advice for you but welcome to the Forum from Wisconsin! You picked the right place to come and ask your questions. People here are so helpful. Someone will know!

Comment

Welcome from Alabama, good luck on your sewing machine search.

I was given some good advise when I began looking for mine, I think can help anyone to get started.
              Make a list of the most important features you would like to have.
              Find local dealers in your area, go try them out.
              You might inquire, if they have refurbished machines, or luck up as I did and find the one I wanted, and bought there display model, getting it a bit cheaper, and still covered, under their warranty. I have a Babylock Elizabeth, she can free motion quilt.
              That worked for me.
              Happy quilting......

....Bee
              The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
              ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Naomi,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what is available in your area, but you could check out any sewing shop. They should be able to direct you where you need to go if they are not able to have what you need.

Here are some pictures of our setup for quilting. It is a home made conversion (by someone else) of an industrial sewing machine made into a short arm quilter. It is old, slow, and completely manual, but it works for us. If you have any questions about it, send me a PM here and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Dave

1505300001.jpg1505300002.jpg1505300003.jpg

Comment

Wow, Dave that is one heck of a set up you put together there! My late Grandpa was super handy with tools and was constantly jerry rigging stuff together to make a tool he couldn't find. Your quilting machine reminds me of him!

Comment

Hi Naomi and welcome to the forum from Missouri. I'm glad you joined us.

Here is a link where you can look at several different brands of machines and compare features. As far as a dealer in Europe I have no experience there.

www.sewingmachinesplus.com
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      Wow, Dave that is one heck of a set up you put together there! My late Grandpa was super handy with tools and was constantly jerry rigging stuff together to make a tool he couldn't find. Your quilting machine reminds me of him!
                      jjkaiser,

Thanks for the compliments, BUT, as I said in my post, someone else did the work building it. We purchased it from a couple that were no longer able to use it because of their age. We would have liked to had a long arm, but they were and still are out of our price range. It isn't anything fancy and has no bells or whistles, but it works for us.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X