Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions please!

Hi my name is Carol.
    I'm fairly new to quilting and I'm finding Jenny's tutorials so useful.
    Thanks to the step by step directions I've made a couple of nice quilts.
    My son and his fiancé have chosen some material they'd like me to make a quilt from, and I'm looking for suggestions as to which quilt would work well with their choice.
    They've chosen Enchanted Plume, 10'' squares by Timeless Treasure.
    Many thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Suggestions please!

I have that layer cake and plan to make the Illusion quilt with it, as I don't want it chopped up in small pieces because I don't want to lose the design of the fabric. Welcome to the forum!
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Welcome to the forum from northern California I'm too new to have advice for you but more knowledgeable people will be along soon.

Jeannette

Comment

Oh, that's gorgeous fabric! I had to go to the quilt shop to see what it looks like. It must be popular, since most of the fabrics are out of stock. I definitely would want a pattern that would show case the fabric--so larger blocks would be good. You didn't mention what size it needs to be. Do you have yardage or pre-cuts?

Comment

welcome to the forum from washington

Comment

Just go to utube and look at all of the tutorials and when you see one that wows you, you will know it is the one you are going to make
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.If you go into the quilt store on this site under patterns you should find the patterns broken into the precuts that were used to make them.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. The Double Slice quilt would be nice, as it doesn't cut the fabric into tiny pieces. Jenny has a tutorial for it. It's also super simple to make and looks like you really worked on it! The link to the tutorial is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxC-0T5lXw4
                  Last edited by Bubby; June 23, 2016, 04:04 AM.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like the illusion quilt idea and the double slice idea as well. Have made the double slice and it is very easy but looks really nice. I haven't made the illusion quilt yet but the size of the fabric pieces sounds like it would show off your pretty fabric also.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.
                      I plan on buying a pack of 10'' squares, the layer cake.
                      I've worked with one before and really liked it.
                      As for the size I will use the whole layer cake and add a couple of borders.
                      I was looking at maybe making the Illusion quilt, but I have a really hard time trying to picture it using this fabric.
                      What do you think, might it work?

Comment

Thank you Jeanette! I'm a Brit currently living in Romania.
                        Quilting is such a great hobby, it's a pity I can't find any material or eaten batting here. Thank goodness for MS!

Comment

I think that could be a great idea, I've had a look and I really like the pattern.
                          My main problem is trying to imagine how it would look.....I'm very much lacking imagination - but I'm pretty good at following instructions!

Comment

Welcome from Manitoba/Canada. Is this your 1st quilt attempt?

Comment

Working...
                            X