Greetings from Cajun country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Cajun country!

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I live in southwestern Louisiana, though I grew up in San Diego. I've already posted once in the forums so I thought I should introduce myself. I got interested in quilting a little over a year ago when my grandmother gifted me Quilting with a Modern Slant. Even though I didn't like all of the quilts, I found the energy and spirit of modern quilting so inspiring! My interest faded for a bit but a couple of months ago I bought myself a sewing machine and off I went! My first quilt top is completed; I just need to baste it, quilt it, and bind it and it'll go straight into use (well after a wash).

I've always loved fabric and now I have a reason to buy it I love batiks and fun, cheerful prints. Scrappy quilts are my absolute favorite so I'm grabbing a charm pack here and there so I can play with them. I'll probably be asking for some advice on my soon to be all-charm WIP so look for that thread.

I'm excited to become active on this forum. I've read tons of threads already and am thankful to have found such a wonderful community

Re: Greetings from Cajun country!

Hi Rachel! I'm pretty new myself and have found this forum to be an awesome resource filled with helpful people. Welcome from northern California

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome from the Basque Country, in northern Spain, this is a wonderful forum, hope to see your work soon

Comment

Hi, Welcome from Southeast Missouri. Glad to have you here!

Comment

I went to grad school in Davis. I miss it up there!

Comment

Welcome from Spring, TX. I'm originally from Laplace, LA, moving to Houston about 38 years ago.

Comment

Welcome. Hello from Arkansas (by way of Sulphur, LA).

Comment

Hi Rachael.....welcome to the forum from a fellow southwest Louisiana quilter! Hope you have fun with your quilting adventure.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hello and Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.Happy quilting.
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Rachel - welcome to the forum from South Florida

Comment

Welcome Rachel! That's my first daughters name I like modern too. I have a simple one on my design wall right now.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                        X