Hello from Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Pennsylvania

Hello my name is Susan. I have three children and five grandchildren with one one the way in May. I joined a wonderful quilt guild last year which has reinspired me to get back into quilting and became involved with QOV in NJ. I have had to put my quilting on the back burner off & on the last several years & looking forward to putting a lot of energy into creating quilts for my grandchildren. Unfortunately, the sewing machine I have used for years is having lots of problems & need to get a new one. I would love any suggestions on makes & models of sewing / quilting sewing machines so I could finish quilt them myself. I am excited about becoming a member to your forum & learning lots of tips!

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania

Welcome Susan from western PA...you will love the forum...everyone is so helpful!!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Welcome Susan, I'm from Pa also, but I'm a North Easter. You will love it here. '
      Ginger snaps :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome to the forum from South Florida

Comment

Welcome from Missouri

Comment

Also there is a sewing machine forum group. At the top of the page, click on groups then find "Sewing Machines" and click join. A good place to ask questions or go to the "Production Discussion" area that is under the main title of "Missouri Sewing Machine Company." And ask about sewing machines there or you can also do a search for threads about sewing machines.

Comment

Welcome from another PA gal! You will get lots of inspiration here, that's for sure!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hello Susan and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome from Southeast Louisiana.

Comment

Welcome, Susan. I'm new here too and trying to learn my way around. I can't offer any suggestions on the newer type sewing machines since I only sew on Old vintage machines. I do all of my work on either a Singer15-91, a 301, or a 66. I admit to having a few others, but those are my "go to" machines. They are great sewing machines. Just some food for thought.
                    sigpicLynne in central Illinois

Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Hello Susan and welcome to the forum from Tennessee. I piece with a Juki 2000 and I quilt using a Juki 2010. I don't know if this info will help you any but I am happy with both machines. I also have a Brother I use to piece.

Comment

Hi Susan and welcome to the forum. I recommend Janome machines and they come in all price ranges. Here's a place you can compare brands and models: Sewing, quilting & embroidery machines, vacuums - Sewingmachinesplus.com. Glad you joined us!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by SQS View Post
                          . Unfortunately, the sewing machine I have used for years is having lots of problems & need to get a new one. I would love any suggestions on makes & models of sewing / quilting sewing machines so I could finish quilt them myself.
                          I bought a Juki 98Q a few years ago without every having sewn on one. I joined a group at Yahoo and read and read about the machine and finally got up the nerve to order it. I cannot begin to explain how much I love that machine. They no longer make this exact machine...I keep seeing the Juki 2000 and the 2010.

It has made such a difference in my life...just that little bit of added space to the right of the needle makes a world of difference. And I just simply love how it sews. I had a Pfaff tiptronic 1171 which I loved but so hard to try to quilt on. As well as I had bought a used Husk. Viking #1....I thought I would just use the Juki for quilting, and still piece on my Pfaff...WRONG. I used the Juki for everything, unless I needed a stretch stitch or zigzag/decorative stitch.

I liked my Juki so much, I bought their Juki Exceed F600 to have upstairs, and let my Pfaff go home with my daughter.

You can see my quilts here and here...most are quilted on my Juki. The biggest so far has been approximately 91/92 inches square, and I have quilted one or two that were 87 inches square.
                          Rose
                          Pics & Pieces (a blog)
                          Time Stand Still, a photo blog

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                            bjsmith57

Comment

Susan,
                              Welcome ! I am no help as far as machines.....I wore out 2 Kenmore Sewing Machines over the years ( I began to sew after the birth of my 2nd child & only DD in 1978 ) and have a 3rd Kenmore and a Viking /Husqvarna Designer SE that I use now.....It really depends on what you find that you like. I would try out a few machines and then narrow it down to 2-3 to make a decision. I would also recommend purchasing your new machine thru a local shop. That way, you get FREE New Owner classes etc. The Shop I deal with offers the classes for my machine forever.....what I mean is that like the Husqvarna Husky Lock 936 Serger I have ( as well as my Designer SE ) I can take any of the new owner classes over and over again if I want.
                              Purchasing a sewing machine at WalMart, Sears, Amazon etc. might seem like a bargain, but you're not going to get any instruction with whatever machine you purchase. A friend of mine purchased a Singer at a local Gallery Store inside Jo-Ann Fabrics, and she enjoyed the new owner classes due to the fact that it had been 30 yrs since she had sewn anything ( I turned her into a quilter ! )
                              Good luck with your search for a new machine and let us all know what you decided to purchase !!!
                              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                              X