New from Jacksonville, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Jacksonville, FL

Hello! My name is Sherry and so glad to have found this site and forum. I am a nana of 4 beautiful boys (9, 2, and twin 1 year olds). I own and operate a horse rescue, enjoy photography and spending time with my boys. They are my heart and soul.

I asked my hubby for a sewing/embroidery machine 2 years ago with the intention of embroidering T-shirts and stuff. Well I just opened the box last Halloween to make costumes for my grandsons and embroidered on their costumes - that's when I fell in love!

Since then I have been searching, reading and watching videos to learn. Christmas I made my mother-in-law a quilt - I then fell in love with quilting. Never did it before, not sure if I even did it right - but she loved it. Now I have been searching on how to do quilts. This is when I ran across Missouri Star Quilt - I love you all! The videos are wonderful, I learned so much. And my first quilt was not to far off the mark - sure some things I did not do right, but still very proud of myself.

So far I have made 1 quilt, my own ironing board (thank you Jenny for the video - hope I remembered right) and in the process of making my twin grandson a Hey Diddle Diddle quilt.

I better stop typing now, I could go on and on but I need to get back to sewing. Thank you so very much for all the wonderful tutorials, this is one beginner who is deeply thankful and grateful to Missouri Star Quilt for all your help and support.

Have a wonderful day!
    Sherry
    ~ horse_rescue ~

Re: New from Jacksonville, FL

Welcome! I'm so glad you opened up that box and now you are sewing!! I can't wait to see your projects. With those 4 grandbabies you should have plenty of sewing in your future!!
    Michele

Comment

Re: New from Jacksonville, FL

We are so glad you are here! Thanks for sharing your story with us! I am pretty sure that machine will have a lot of use with all those grand babies!!

Comment

Working...
      X