X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patticakes
    replied
    Re: New from Quebec

Wow...what a wonderful thing to make all those quilts. This site is great for finding a quick and easy way to get them put together. I am always inspired by the tutorials and ideas!
    patticakes

Leave a comment:

• fostermama
    replied

Thanks for the wonderful welcomes! I hope to get to know everyone here in time!

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

Welcome to our wonderful board!
    How wonderful you are adopting some children and what a super idea to try to give every child that comes to you - a quilt all their own. I'm sure it will stay with them for a very long time.

Hugs,
    quilting trish

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

Yes, yes, congratulations on your adoptions!! That is a very neat thing you do to try to send a quilt with every child that is in your home. I love it. We are glad you are here and can't wait to see what you are working on.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Welcome!! Happy to have you....congrats on your adoptions!!

Leave a comment:

• fostermama
    started a topic New from Quebec

New from Quebec

Hey there, I'm not really good at introductions, but I guess I'll tell you a bit about myself.

I'm a foster mother in Canada, soon to be adopting two of my current children, one sooner than the other. I like to quilt when I have a free minute, so it takes a while for a project to get done, unless I have a little baby that keeps me up at night, then I have more time to sew. I try to make a blanket for each child that comes into my home, but funding and time (some babies only stay for days) don't always allow for it. I am trying to stockpile blankets for the kids that only stay a few days, funds don't always agree with that effort though.

I'm trying to learn to crochet, I inherited a very nice set of crochet hooks from my mother-in-law and it bothers me that they aren't being used much.

I have 3 cats and I breed hamsters. I've been married for 12 years and I hope to be moving into a new house in a couple years. One of my goals is to make all my own blankets, curtains and upholstery for the new house. Since I hope to have the house custom built, I'd like to furnish it with nice things that I wouldn't be able to afford if I bought them outright. Plus there's a lot of added pride in a home you've put so much work into.

I'm happy to find a forum with people who love to quilt as much as I do!
Working...
X