New here......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here......

I enjoy quilting and made my first quilt about 30 years ago. I make quilts (to be used) for family and friends and donate to local NICU. I also enjoy crafting with paper and vinyl (car window decals, etc) and have embellished so much of our home with vinyl. I can come up with a personalized gift in a very short amount of time and appreciate the space my husband has allowed me to have for my craft items.

I look forward to watching each and every one of Jenny's tutorials and will add most of those projects to my ever-growing Bucket List.

I still have a quilt that I started about 25 years ago and have sandwiched it, "tied" it, un"tied" it, remove the batting and replaced with another batting, and "tied" with buttons at every intersection of the 4-inch squares. I tacked all the buttons with my quilt tack gun, and sewed them on with my sewing machine. I have since removed every single one of those buttons and had to replace the back but am going to (ahhh...someday) put this quilt on my mid-arm quilter and git 'er done. It remains one of my favorites...it just also remains in-work.

I love humor and can't wait to see what is happening at this forum I've been told I MUST join.
    Barbara
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Re: New here......

Welcome from NC. I know what you mean about the bucket list. Just found out my niece wants 2 twin quilts for her sons. Have mercy, the list of things I have to do just keeps getting longer and longer.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hi There, Welcome from Bee in Alabama. Glad to have you join us.

I too have a Bucket List of quilts to make , and hopefully with Jenny help and all these forum friends I will achieve them all.
      I too appreciate a little humour as a matter of fact, I find it to be a necessity to survive....... Life. lol

looking forward to getting to know you, please take a minute here or there and fill out your about me and list your bucket list in your user notes. Share pics of your projects. Have fun here with us........ Bee

....Bee
      The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
      ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Hello from Southeast Missouri! Glad you joined us. You will find lots of helpful people here.

Comment

Hello from Wisconsin. Congratulations on finding possibly the best blog in the universe! Okay I am exaggerating just a bit, but really it is a great place mixed with helpful, fun, inspiring people and a dash of good humor and loads of compassion when needed. You will make LOTS of new friends here!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from South Florida

Comment

Welcome! I am brand new here too, from western NC. Don't all quilters have a revolving to-do list?? Must have humor to get by

Comment

Aloha Crafty, welcome from Hawaii. Just discovered Bonnie Hunter's quiltville.com and her quilt cam. She just sits and sews and talks and answers emails on the video. She says what are you working on this is our sewing time. She is hilarious, carol in ewa beach

Comment

I just read your original post again--how interesting you make stuff with vinyl--that is pretty unique. Like what kind of stuff do you make? And do you sew with it? Just wondering cuz I have never bought vinyl in my life but it sounds fun.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Illinois.
                    sigpic
                    Keep Calm and Quilt On!
                    Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
                    Paula

Comment

I knew you'd get on here with enough of my nagging you. Lol. Your going to love it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                        I just read your original post again--how interesting you make stuff with vinyl--that is pretty unique. Like what kind of stuff do you make? And do you sew with it? Just wondering cuz I have never bought vinyl in my life but it sounds fun.
                        I tried sewing with vinyl years ago and threw it away. I have upgraded machines a couple of times since then, and now use a roller foot if I'm going to use vinyl for sewing.

The vinyl I use is adhesive and I use it to make cards, put it on plates, windows, (think window decals) and just about anything that stands still in my house long enough to slap a little vinyl on it. I make custom t-shirts and onesies using another type of vinyl.

I'm having such a great time here and only wish I'd have Missouri Star Quilt Company years ago!!
                        Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by FabStripper View Post
                          I knew you'd get on here with enough of my nagging you. Lol. Your going to love it on here.
                          You don't nag me. I hope you're feeling better....
                          Barbara

Comment

surfergirl

Originally posted by CraftySweetPeas View Post
                            I enjoy quilting and made my first quilt about 30 years ago. I make quilts (to be used) for family and friends and donate to local NICU. I also enjoy crafting with paper and vinyl (car window decals, etc) and have embellished so much of our home with vinyl. I can come up with a personalized gift in a very short amount of time and appreciate the space my husband has allowed me to have for my craft items.

I look forward to watching each and every one of Jenny's tutorials and will add most of those projects to my ever-growing Bucket List.

I still have a quilt that I started about 25 years ago and have sandwiched it, "tied" it, un"tied" it, remove the batting and replaced with another batting, and "tied" with buttons at every intersection of the 4-inch squares. I tacked all the buttons with my quilt tack gun, and sewed them on with my sewing machine. I have since removed every single one of those buttons and had to replace the back but am going to (ahhh...someday) put this quilt on my mid-arm quilter and git 'er done. It remains one of my favorites...it just also remains in-work.

I love humor and can't wait to see what is happening at this forum I've been told I MUST join.
                            Wow, that must be some quilt for you to keep doing it again and again, would like to see a pic of it, welcome from Hawaii, carol

Comment

Working...
                            X