Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I am new here too!

Hi all,
    I stumbled across this forum in a Google search. It looks like a great place to spend some time!
    I am newly retired from teaching and am in the midst of getting used to not going back to school. We also sold our house (that we raised our kids in) about two weeks after I closed out my classroom. A lot of changes to adjust to - all good ones - but we are still in the adjusting and settling in stages.
    I am looking forward to spending a lot more time creating now that I am not teaching... Prior to this, I took some classes, hardly ever finished those projects, collected fabric and yarn, and dabbled in some projects that actually were completed. I will have two sewing/creating spaces: one in Florida and one in Maine.
    Have a good day,
    lots2do

Re: Hi! I am new here too!

lots2do - welcome to the forum - looks like you will have more time2do too.
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on your retirement... I just retired earlier this year & it is an adjustment. Its taken me several months to get used to a new routine. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy setting up 2 homes, but you were smart to have 2 sewing spaces. You'll always have a happy place to go to when you want to create.. Have fun !!
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome to the Forum lots2do!! I am from Michigan, and I too, stumbled across this forum in 2010. I joined the forum in 2011, and was a lurker for a few months prior to my first posting.

If you don't know about the weekly tutorial, take a look at the TUTORIALS at the top of this forum.....the new Tutorials come out each Friday. Jenny Doan and her family so an awesome job with the tutorial among other things here at Missouri Star Quilt Company
        Here's this weeks tutorial

https://youtu.be/H-vzI0Jp3ak

You can look at all of the weekly tutorials here on the website....or go to YouTube.com and type in Missouri Star Quilt Company.

Don't forget to check out the DD ( Daily Deal ) as well. You can sign up to receive the Daily Deals in your inbox ( as well as the weekly tutorial as well )

Welcome !
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. If you think you're busy now just hang around here and see how many quilts you make!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello and welcome from North Carolina! And welcome to retirement.
            There are some adjustments after a career of daily working. My biggest surprise was how much more toilet paper I had to buy!!! LOL
            You will love it here. Come often, ask questions. It's fun!!!
            sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Illinois. There are a lot of wonderful and helpful people here if you have any questions and we love to see pictures!!
              sigpic
              Keep Calm and Quilt On!
              Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
              Paula

Comment

welcomewagon.gif from Kentucky!
                You've had some big changes.
                Time to relax. Enjoy the forum!

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
                The Farmmyfarm

Comment

Congratulations on your retirement and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to a great place to create, sew, and chat! Have a question? Post it and usually before you could drink a cup of coffee, it is answered! I have learned so much!

After 37 Years of working (33 of those in the school system) I treasure each moment I have. I promised myself when I retired I would learn how to quilt. Retirement was never an adjustment for me but a huge relief I could finally find some time just for me.

Have fun!
                    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                      Welcome to the forum from Missouri. If you think you're busy now just hang around here and see how many quilts you make!!
                      Barb's kidding... hang around here and you'll see how much time you spend here
                      Welcome from Massachusetts

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.
                        Congratulations on your retirement,I hope you enjoy your new sewing space.
                        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                          bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome! So glad you "stumbled" upon this forum. You will learn so much - and smile a lot! I'm looking forward to retiring at the end of May and can't wait to spend more time with my fabric!
                            Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you found this forum. Dont be shy about asking questions or making comments, that is what it's all about here!

Comment

Working...
                              X