• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mantisfly
    replied
    Re: What an inspiration!

Hi Mrs Windy,

Thanks very much for your welcome!

I do love the machine, it's such a pleasure to use.

Quilting does look fun, but I am trying to source a universal walking foot for my machine and they are quite rare because of it's high shank.

Enjoy your quilting.

Rich

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied
    Re: What an inspiration!

Welcome Richard!!

You've certainly come to the right place to learn about quilting and sewing in general! I'm a new quilter myself, and the videos have been such a great help to me!

I think its wonderful that you are using your Mother's sewing machine!! I dont care how many bells and whistles my machine has, I'd give it up in a heartbeat to have my Grandmother's machine!!

Leave a comment:

• mantisfly
    started a topic What an inspiration!

What an inspiration!

[color=#000000]Hi all,

My name is Richard from England, UK.

Im 29 and have just got involved with sewing after acquiring my mum's Frister and Rossmann 45 Mark 1 from the 70's which I absolutely love. She's built like a tank (my sewing machine, not my mum), only does zig-zag and straight stitch but is all metal (even the insides) and has a lovely sweet faint oil smell to her. She was lovingly serviced and re-timed and now I am embarking on a new and exciting journey.

I am already a member of the The Sewing Forum, a UK based international site, but decided to join her because I was so inspired by the friendly lady working with her granddaughter who were both making quilts.

The pre-cut quilting packs are inspiring and although I don't really understanding quilting yet, I am going to take my time and research it, watching all these inspiring videos's on this site and on youtube, collect my supplies, then get started.

Very nice to meet you all.

Regards

Richard.
Working...
X