Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member here from Indiana, USA

Hi,

I am a new quilter and working on my 1st quilt Eleanor Burns Lovers Knot which I am now machine quilting it now. I have tons of quilt books. I love surfing to find projects for beginners. I was surfing for videos and came across your site. I was chatting online with my friend from Canada and gave her your links so she can watch your videos.

It seems like there are lots of books, things to do online etc. for beginner quilters, but hard to find a video on the proper way to cut your fabric and pressing. As I want to make sure that I do it right in the beginning. My hubby has been unemployed since July 2009 so $ is tight for us.

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA
    Birthday: November 15, 1956

Re: New Member here from Indiana, USA

I am still machine quilting this lap quilt

This is a pattern named Lovers Knot from Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day.

I took a class and made the quilt top in a day at a quilt workshop years ago and then the teacher was killed in an auto accident 2 weeks after that so I was not able to find anyone to help me. I finally got the book out and going to try to finish it myself.

Comment

Welcome Karen....I love your quilt! You are doing a fantastic job for being a new quilter.

You've come to the right place for patterns, advice, and answers to questions. This is, by far, my favorite quilting website!!

(I'm a former Hoosier myself, coming from NW Indiana )
      ~Mary
      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Hi! I'm glad you found this sight. I look at it every morning like my husband does his crossword puzzle. My very first quilt a long, long time ago was an Eleanor Burns quilt in a day too. She makes it so simple. My daughter was about 16 when I made that quilt and gave it to her. She is 31 now with 2 kids and one on the way and she gave it back to me this year because the backing had torn and she was afraid to wash it because of that. It was really dirty as you can imagine. I took the back off and my longarmer helped me with fixing it and then I went ahead and had her quilt it. I had the joy of giving it back to my daughter at Christmas this year. She was so excited and so was I. Good luck and it is beautiful so far.

Enjoy being here with us!

Comment

Beautiful quilt I'm thrilled that your here! I love the colors and the layout you used!
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Working...
          X