Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Today

Hello All,

Just joined. The forum looks interesting and I hope to return often. I'm fairly new to quilting and machine embroidery...have been doing it for two years now. I consider myself to be an adventurous beginner. I'm not big into designing my own quilts just yet. I feel more comfortable having a pattern and then choosing my own fabrics. Before I picked up quilting, I was (still am) a crocheter and knitter. Don't do much of that these days although I'm part of a group of women at work who have joined forces to crochet/knit baby items for the local hospital. I've made a few baby quilts for them as well. That's how I actually got started in quilting. A co-worker inspired me and I've been quilting ever since. I tend to gravitate more towards the small quilts, wall-hangings to twin size. I think the reason for my sticking with smaller quilts is because I prefer to do my own quilting. It just doesn't seem like my creation if I turn it over to someone else to do the quilting. Plus, it can get quite costly to have someone else do it. One day I hope to have my own long arm but I don't have the space for it. My son needs to move out so I can have his bedroom. I've already taken over my other son's bedroom and made it into my "craft room". I dream about knocking out part of the wall between the two to make a doorway. My DH says I'll have to bury him in the backyard so we'll never move into something larger. I'll have to make do with what I have. The one thing I'm working on now is trying to learn EQ6. I found a free quilt pattern on Fons & Porter's website and am having the most difficult time in building the quilt layout in EQ6. Maybe there's a discussion thread here for quilting software so I'll search to find some of you who might be able to help me. I look forward to reading more discussions and talking with some of you. Happy Quilting!!!

ak3e
    "She who dies with the most fabric, wins!!"
    ak3e
    "she who dies with the most fabric, wins!"

Re: New Member Today

Welcome. Glad you found us!!

I don't know that there has been any discussion of EQ6...but I'm sure someone here must use it!!!
    Michele

Comment

Re: New Member Today

Welcome to the board, ak3e!

Lots of great info to be found here...I actually fell asleep last night in bed with my laptop while reading as much as I could from the boards.
      I dont recall seeing anything about the EQ6, but you can always start a new thread and get others advice/opinions, etc.
      ~Mary
      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Working...
      X