Hello! Newbie here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Newbie here.

My name is Becky and I have yet to buy my first sewing machine. I've been looking into buying one for the past 2 yrs just haven't found the one. Not sure what I'm looking for either ) Love love love your youtube channel. Very helpful. It's also making me want to run out today and purchase one. Circle Dot quilt is just beautiful. Can't wait until I can sew like that. I wish you all were closer to us. You should start a franchise, I just adore your site and would just LOVE to visit your store. Look forward to reading your forums as well as visiting your site on a regular basis. Oh, and as soon as I purchase a sewing machine I can't wait to buy some charms, rolls, etc. from your shop. Just another thing I learned from your website, quilters terms :P

Re: Hello! Newbie here.

Welcome!

Good luck in the pursuit of the perfect sewing machine..I'm biding my time with a cheap Brother until I find my "dream machine"!!

Glad you found us...
    Michele

Comment

Thank you! There is a sewing machine shop near me (Stony Brook sew & Vac Princeton, NJ), the sales lady has been wonderful. She also teaches a lot of classes there. I'm lucky to have such a store near me. Not as lucky as all of you whom have Missouri Quilt Co. where you live. I wish I lived near that store. I'm sure my husband is glad. Less $$ I'd be spending Can't wait to join the quilting world!

Comment

P.S. shell.scraps which Brother model do you have?

Comment

Hi Olive, I'm in NJ also (way down south near Vineland) and share your wish that the MSQC was closer! You're right, it's a great site, enjoy!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Olivesmiles
            P.S. shell.scraps which Brother model do you have?

I have the XL 3750.

My suggestion would be to go to the Sew & Vac you mentioned and "test drive" as many machines as you can. Find what works for you. Take a few classes using one of their machines and use a different machine each time. That way you know what each one has to offer ... and what each one has that you don't want/care for.
            Michele

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me Shell. I wish I could use their sewing machines but you have to bring your own to the classes they offer. I don't know of any quilting type places around here where you could use their machines. The women was very nice but she kept showing me a $2,000 Viking machine. I just can't see myself showing up to a beginners class w/ a $2,000 machine I know it has all the bells and whistles but I think I could do w/out them for now and maybe forever The other one she suggested was a Viking Sapphire 830. I don't see myself making any embroidery Mickey Mouse or anything like that, I'm more of an applique girl (I think) So w/ that said I don't think I need an embroidery machine. A few girlfriends I talk to said I should get one b/c one day I'll regret it. I don't know. This is why I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
              X