hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there

Just joined and wanted to take the time to introduce my self. My name is Walter (yep I'm a guy) hope there are other guys in this site so we can relate to. I have been quilting since I was in my early 20's and I am almost 60 now. I have some experience under my belt, yet want to learn more. Love the video tutorials, a really big help. Also I live in Hollywood, Ca. and yes I have seem movie stars (secret is to go to a grocery store and keep your eyes open. Have chatted with a few stars and some just pass them by. They are just normal folks looking for grocerys. I have my own web site check it out at WALTERTHEQUILTER.COM. Cant wait to add the xmas stuff on to the pages. Well thats all for now, give me a shout back to say hi. Walter

Re: hi there

Hi Walter, it's nice to meet you and yes we do have a couple other gentlemen quilters as members, hopefully you will get to meet them. We would love to see some of your work, we are almost as addicted to seeing lovely quilts as we are to fabric. Make yourself at home and visit often so we can all get to know each other.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Hi Walter from the Central Coast of CA, San Luis Obispo County. Yes there are quilting guy's out here on this wonderful forum and we are just one big happy family!!!

I am an old movies buff and just love that part of Hollywood. I watch a lot of TCM. Who have you "Run Into" as far as the Stars go??

We love pictures here too so give us a peak at what you do!

Stop by often and say HI
      Last edited by sewmuchjan; September 11, 2011, 06:20 PM. Reason: brain faster than fingers
      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
      :lol:

Comment

Hi, Walter. Thanks for joining us. Maybe the other guys will come out and become more visible - they don't know how much we have learned from them.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hey Walter, welcome aboard. Just moved from the LA area to Hawaii. The stars even come here. LOL Gene, Shanon and Nick were my last run ins, nice folks, Gene's actually quite shy around women over 21. haha.

Lots of talented folks on here. Do post photos, love to see what you're doing.

Aloha, Ruby
          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Hi Walter. Welcome from Vermont. Glad you're here. Since you've been quilting for so long would love to see some of your work.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome and I think some of the other guys have blogs too.
              That Marine you posted about on the photos is my son. He is not a quilter - although he does use some of the ones I've made - lol!
              Can't wait to see your photos when you have a chance to post them.
              This is a great place to be - many tuts and photos for inspiration.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hi Walter, Welcome. My husband and I used to live in W. Hollywood. Our kids went to Gardner St school.Remember the old Boy's market on Santa Monica Bl? I used to work there. Anyway welcome to the forum. We love to chit chat and learn new tricks and ideas. Donna
                :icon_wave: Those who sleep under a quilt are wrapped in love

Comment

Hi Walter and welcome to the forum. I consider myself a California Girl of sorts...I went through junior and senior high in Anaheim and went to college at UCI (Irvine). My grandkids live in Castaic. Anyhow, we're glad to have you in our forum. We have two other guy quilters that I know of and we always enjoy their input and learn alot from them. Please post some pics of your work...we love Love LOVE pictures! Visit often so we can get to know you....
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

A big welcome from Canada. Love to see guts that have the same passion for qiuilting as the ladies. My dad love to sew and would fix my sewing projects for me when I was in school. He was taght by his mother who was a seamstress who believed both seses should be able to sew and care for themselves. He even darned his own socks. Join us often and we would love to see your work. PS my hubby would like you to say hi to Brad P for him...lol
                    sigpic
                    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Hi from Scotland
                      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by sewmuchjan View Post
                        Hi Walter from the Central Coast of CA, San Luis Obispo County. Yes there are quilting guy's out here on this wonderful forum and we are just one big happy family!!!

I am an old movies buff and just love that part of Hollywood. I watch a lot of TCM. Who have you "Run Into" as far as the Stars go??

We love pictures here too so give us a peak at what you do!

Stop by often and say HI
                        I have run into Doris Roberts (everyone loves Raymond) then saw the lady from two and half men the housekeeper but was warned to stay away from her. just the other day ran into Barry williams, and the guy that plays Monk all in the supermarket here in holllywood how needs those hollywood tours just go food shoping. by the Doris Roberts was the mother and was nice and friendly too.

Comment

Tell your son about the mistake and thank him for his service to this country. Walter

Comment

hi there funny that you should say hi from Canada as I actually just about 2 months ago shipped off to a lady that bought one of my quilts. It was all done in 2.5 squares and at last count about 1600 squares went into it. It took for ever to get there and took for ever to get the money but I did and no problems as soon as i can figure out how to post some pics i will or you can go to my web site and check them out Walterthequilter.com thanks Walter

Comment

Working...
                            X