X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quilt Vader
    replied
    Re: New to the Forum

Wow Cathy - you are one busy gramma! I like that you have more than one thing going.. I usually do too .. those instant gratification things are easier with things like the pre-cuts - and so many great ideas on how to use them. Keepa n eye on the daily deals .. we see the charm packs pretty often.. I did a D9P for SIL from his osn on Fatghers Day - I used all charms .. the size of the blocks is not some perfect measurement - but who cares, they were all the same! He likes it .. and the quilter did a good job on it - just enough, and not too fussy.
    WE all like to see pictures (I sing that song all the day long) be sure to come in and share yourprojects. Did Isay welcome? WEll Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied
    Re: New to the Forum

Welcome!! Sounds like you have your hands full!!

Leave a comment:

• burnsk
    started a topic New to the Forum

New to the Forum

Hi from SE Michigan. I like to sew and quilt and make "stuff". My stash is getting out of hand and I have found some great tutorials here on your Board to help me start whittling it down. I am a more visual learner so tutorials are what I need. I am recently retired and really looking forward to setting up my sewing room and getting a lot more things done. My list of things I want to do keeps getting longer when I see what gorgeous things everyone else is making. I mostly quilt and make bags right now but I need some diversions, things that I can make in less than a day when I need some instant gratification. Does anyone else feel like that some days?

I have 8 grandchildren and 3 great grands. Pretty soon I'll be making doll clothes for 4 of the little girls (another stash buster LOL). I have 3 works-in-progress right now. I'm making a K-sized quilt for my daughter's 40th birthday, a Q-sized quilt for GD's graduation and a Q-quilt for grandson. One is a D9P, one is shadowbox squares and the other one is called (I think) card trick.

Looking forward the reading more of the posts and find more great ideas.

Kathy B.
Working...
X