Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from SewCalGal

Hello,

This is SewCalGal. I'm a quilting, sewing, and embroidery enthusiast who enjoys researching and sharing insights on my blog (www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com). I'm joining this forum for fun and inspiration.

Today, I'm working on a machine embroidery/quilting project. I tend to lean towards doing more machine embroidery projects when my sewing room is a mess. I have a bad habit of going to a quilt class, or retreat, and when I return home I just dump everything in the middle of my sewing room, with the excuse of being too tired to put it away. So, I feel like I'm accomplishing something when I'm doing machine embroidery and organizing my sewing room.

This past week I took a two day free-motion quilting class with the famous Paula Reid. Great class and she is a super teacher. I highly recommend her as a teacher, if you ever have a chance.

SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Re: Hello from SewCalGal

A great big welcome to you - so glad you joined us. We have quite a few women here who do machine embroidery. I have a Designer Diamond.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I don't have an embroidery machine but I piece quilts and have them machine quilted. Occasionally I will machine quilt a small project myself. If you are looking for inspiration you will find it here. Visit often....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi there.
        Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Hi there, thought I would pester for any tips on a quilt. Making a quilt for daughter and son in law. Had people sign squares which I am now embroidering and then I will put it all together in a quilt. Any tips on the embroidery so that it will look good? thanks! (also in California - Central Coast in Solvang!)
          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Hi and welcome from Canada.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome, you came to the right place for inspiration and fun. Come back often and enjoy.
              Mary
              A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Big ol Hello from Central Illinois. I have your blog listed in My Favs and visit often. Glad to see you here and hope you'll share your talent with us soon.
                Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                :icon_wave:

Comment

Hello SewCalGirl! Welcome to the forum. I'm assuming from your username that you're from California?? Where are you located? I originate from San Diego. Anyway, welcome again and we hope you enjoy the forum.
                  When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by BellasQuilts View Post
                    Hi there, thought I would pester for any tips on a quilt. Making a quilt for daughter and son in law. Had people sign squares which I am now embroidering and then I will put it all together in a quilt. Any tips on the embroidery so that it will look good? thanks! (also in California - Central Coast in Solvang!)
                    I assume you're hand embroidering them? Take tiny stitches and use a hoop to keep the fabric from bunching up.
                    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                    X