Clear All

Re: New? Read me first

Welcome from sunny and near100 Florida!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Thank you. I'm new here and looking forward to learning new things.

Comment

Newbie here ! hope to make new quilting friends and help along the way!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! I used to live in Oregon -- Seaside to be exact. My sis lived in Ashland for many years. I have a niece in Talent & a nephew in Brookings. Are you by any chance within driving distance of Grants Pass where Jordan's Fabrics is located? I'd so love to visit their quilt store!

Comment

Good Morning from a Newbie in Milwaukee Wisconsin! Looking forward to re-entering the quilting effort I have picked up and put down for over 60 years. So I guess I am not a Newbie when it comes to quilting but am certainly rusty :-)

Comment

Welcome to the bunch Jump in, share and enjoy the ride.
              Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello all... just started quilting a few years ago. I have not done much at this point. Got started late in life.

Comment

Welcome to both of you from the distant Basque Country I hope to see you in the forum for a long time and see some of your works

Comment

Good morning from drizzly New Orleans, LA!

I have been "quilting" since last January, I have sewn for years. I am learning tons!

Comment

Hi! Just joined up...I've been quilting for 5 or 6 years thanks to Jenny's awesome tutorials. She got me hooked! I am a bus driver in New Hampshire and am out of work until schools open back up...who knows when that will be...so I am taking this opportunity to finish up all my UFO's! Having a blast!
                      Linda

Comment

Hi Linda, welcome from Sunny Florida.
                        Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello, bonjour, from the other Hamilton... the one in Ontario, Canada :-) I have been a customer of MSQC and a big fan of the tutorials for a few years now but somehow completely missed the fact that there is a forum here! I am so happy to have found it.

Comment

• KPH
                            KPH commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Welcome to the bunch! I'm from Sunny Florida, where the parks and beaches are closed for the 'virus'.

Everything is closed here, too, except for essential services.

*Amusing story (it's only funny because it's true) :
                          The fabric stores all closed down yesterday and I said, "Okay, now this is officially a crisis -- fabric stores have closed!"
                          My friend said, "You could probably open your own."
                          I said, "As if I could part with my fabric for mere money - bite your tongue."
                          My friend replied, "I will set it up and you can buy your own fabric again just to get your fix."

I think my friend knows me too well. :-)

*Disclaimer: this is not to make light of the very real and very serious threat that this virus poses but I think that a healthy sense of humour is important at the best of times and even more important at the worst of times. If we lose our sense of humour, we lose everything, especially in times of fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                            Nwmnteacher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's too funny, Linda! Welcome from NW Minnesota where spring is struggling to show her face. We have a "stay at home" order going into affect at midnight tonight.

Jeanne

Welcome! Of course it's a great time to start a new project such as quilting while we all try to stay safe and well during this Pandemic!!!
                          Jazzmyn, Your so right.....we all need to realize even in serious times that our sense of humor is very important! I think you'll enjoy the forum here, this forum has some of the most wonderful caring members you'll ever meet!!!
                          Yes, I agree with you....your friend knows you all too well LOL! We all have enough fabric I'll bet to help out every single Jo-Ann Fabrics....at least here in the US, and you're right about something else too, I don't think there's any of us that would HONESTLY part with our "STASH".....unless someone truly needed it simply because everyone of us here are very giving and caring people, like ALL quilters are! :-)

Enjoy the forum......Enjoy the MSQC Daily Deal (there's always room to purchase more fabric of course and MSQC has some great Daily Deals too!
                          Here's today 03/28/20 Daily Deal:
                          https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal (oh....I've been waiting for this to go on sale!)
                          Of course MSQC's Jenny has a NEW tutorial for us!!!
                          https://youtu.be/FuOpjl_1_4Y
                          Also, if you're new to MSQC There's also what is called Quilt Snips!!! These are short little Video Tutorials that show you how to make a block, the easiest way possible! Enjoy:
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MYpSPPtuc_Y3Qa
                          Here's a Man's take on Quilting!! Rob Appell's channel is "Man Sewing! " (appropriately named right? LOL! ) Enjoy! (Rob has several assume tutorials here at MSQC!!!
                          https://youtu.be/B3C-BrxgiqA
                          ************************************************** ****
                          Here's something new to MSQC!!!! It's Triple Play! This is a once a month video where Jenny and her daughter Natalie & daughter-in-law Misty will show you 3 different ideas with one of the three gal's blocks, The Drunkard's Path!!!
                          https://youtu.be/9_mBXgKKIzQ
                          ************************************************** ***
                          Misty Doan has a new tutorial EACH TUESDAY to share with us EVERY Tuesday! I love Misty's weekly Tutorials!!! Enjoy!
                          https://youtu.be/m6ZAFrYgvsA
                          So, I'm absolutely positive that you're going to enjoy all the awesome things MSQC has to offer!

Again, Jazzmyn.....Welcome to MSQC's Forum!!
                          (Oh, and BTW......I forgot to mention I've from Michigan!!
                          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Wow, thank you so much, redcaboose. Much appreciated. I'm not entirely new to MSQC, just to the forum. I've been watching the videos and buying fabric and accessories and such from MSQC for quite some time. But there is a lot of good and new info in your post still, so thank you again.

I do have a question, but I am not sure where on the forum to ask it so perhaps you can direct me either to the right location to ask it (or the right location that answers it, haha). I just bought an older Baby Lock machine but it is missing some things and I don't know where to buy them online (and can't buy them in store since all the stores are closed)... so do you know where I can find bobbins (L-class, I believe they are called? those metal ones with the slot and they are skinnier than the norm) and where I can find those spool cone holder thingies that go inside thread cones to make them fit on the regular spool holders? I also need a couple of presser feet and would like the knee lift lever as well, but I would settle for finding the right bobbins and spool cone holder thingies for now if the other stuff is harder to locate. The kicker is that it is has to be a site that delivers to Canada; I've already been through the frustration of thinking I found what I was looking for, ordering everything with giddy glee, and then getting to the checkout only to find that they don't ship to Canada - grrr. [[Of course, I checked the MSQC site first, but it appears that it does not sell these types of items; I was actually a little surprised that they don't sell bobbins and cones, but not surprised that they don't sell the other parts/accessories]]

Anyway, if you could possibly direct me to the right place to ask a question of this sort, that would be great. Sorry for the length of my post; I get carried away sometimes, funny that it only happens when I'm thinking about fabric and quilting and sewing and such, though. :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X