This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New? Read me first

I found the MSQC website through dumb luck and am THRILLED that I did! I have watched every single tutorial at least once and have ordered lots of charm packs, jelly rolls, and even a few templates, too! Until I found you, I didn't even know about pre-cuts!

I do have one question, in the scalloped edge tutorial, how wide is the outside border (that is scalloped) and is that yardage available from MSQC? I tried to find the yardage that matches the True Blue charm packs that I bought, but didn't have any luck finding it on your fabric page.

Thanks and keep up the good work! I'm hooked!

JoAnn Pennington
    Millersville, MD

Comment

Welcome, JoAnn, from New Jersey! Aren't the precuts and the tutorials the best thing since sliced bread??? Congrats on discovering the site!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Not only am I a new member here, but I am new to the wonderful world of quilting too! I found this site through my good friend, and now my quilting mentor .... Gina, who is also a member here. So far, I have only made a Christmas themed "around the block" table runner and a twin sized four patch quilt. The sense of accomplishment is amazing.

Although quilting is new for me, I am loving every second of it. Okay, maybe not every second... I did not realize I had to earn a PHD in mathematics to quilt. However, by trial and many cutting errors I have gained some mathematical skills (now if only I could apply measurements to balancing my checkbook), so that I can cut my fabric in a way that makes the best use of the yardage I have.

I am looking forward to meeting other quilters and crafters (I am an avid crocheter). Besides, Gina needs a break from my endless phone calls of "what do I do next?" or "what does xyz REALLY mean?"

Happy quilting!

Annette

Comment

Welcome, Annette, and have fun! This forum is the best, the people are lovely and their albums contain lots of inspiration.
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hey everyone....newbie quilter and new member too. This is going to be so much fun! Not sure how to get started on the free giveaway opportunities since I'm in a rush this visit. Will be back soon. Take care. Love Mary
            sigpic

Comment

Also a newbie quilter... but looking forward to learning more! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I'm waiting on my sewing table to arrive so I can get started on my first quilt. I decided to try that denim/homespun type quilt on one of Jenny's tutorials. I need to practice-practice-practice with my machine first, I think. It's great there's a community like this where I can ask questions and lurk around gathering tidbits from the experts. Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey!

Comment

Just want to say HI ! I love the website and the tutorials and the daily deals. I also love that I am just down the road and can come by the shop from time to time. I am just getting back to quilting. I did an embroidered and hand pieced baby quilt about 30 years ago and was a bit discouraged by how long it took to finish. At the time I just didn't think it was "right" to use a machine, but I have gotten over that and love working with fabric again. the tutorials are full of good tricks to make it all easier. Thanks so much for all you do! auntgrandma

Comment

Welcome, auntgrandma. There are so many members from here in MO, and even other wonderful places around the world - but we know MO is BEST . . . And there are so many of us who are coming back to our roots and picking up the most fantastic hobby - QUILTING. This place is full of tips and hints, good deals, sharing, friendships, and just great times. Come in often and stay a long time!!
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hi! I am a newbie to this site, but not to the world of quilting. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, nor a novice either. I love to piece quilt tops and luckily for me have a mother who will hand quilt them for me. I am always looking for new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicurn11 View Post
                        Hi! I am a newbie to this site, but not to the world of quilting. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, nor a novice either. I love to piece quilt tops and luckily for me have a mother who will hand quilt them for me. I am always looking for new ideas.
                        A great big welcome to you!! Come on in, stay awhile, and share your projects. We love them!!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hi! I live in beautiful Maine on the Coast. HOWEVER, we have snow, cold, and lots of snow due tomorrow. That means more time to quilt. I am not a native Mainer, but a PFA...person from away. Retired here. I am a Project Linus Coordiantor for 2 counties. Picked up 50 more quilts for children today. Just need to sew PL labels on the blanket. Love to quilt, love all the gorgeous fabrics! I went to HS with a Bill Nye, but don't think the same one. Ladydianne

Comment

Hi Diane, and welcome to the forum! Good for you about Project Linus. I'd love to learn more about that.

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Shukura and I'm from Wichita, Kansas. Though I am an experienced sewer, I'm working on my first quilt. Who knew it would be challenging and so much fun at the same time!! I came across you guys just looking around on YouTube. Never joined a forum before so.....

Comment

Welcome to Missouri star. It is such a wonderful site to learn from. If not from Jenny, Natalie, and Sarah, from each other. The people on this forum are great! Hugs, Jan L
                                Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                                X