• pineapplemoon
    replied
    Re: Hello from Central Florida!

Welcome to the forum from Hawaii.

Leave a comment:

• Sondra
    replied

Thanks all! I had to pick up some more fabric to finish up my Summer in the park squares. The trouble I find with quilting is my brain is constantly on my next project...

Also my Mother in law passed off to me to finish a project she cross stitch quilt top she began decades ago from a Redbook pattern. No blocks involved, just needs sandwiched and quilted. I'm a bit intimidated by it because it desperately needs cleaning, but I'm concerned that the quilt stitch guidelines will disappear in the wash. Her cross stitch work is lovely....I may have to turn this over to the pros.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Welcome from Vermont. Glad you are back into quilting and glad you are here. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Sondra, Welcome from Missouri. We're glad you found us. I love the tutorials, too, and I recently made a D9P quilt..so much fun! Visit us often so we can get to know you....Barb

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Welcome Sondra from Canada. This is the best forum around (actually only belong to this one) but I absolutely love it here. Great people, no sorry, WONDERFUL people here.

Leave a comment:

• MaryB
    replied

Hello from Australia, Sondra. Great to meet you and hear your quilting story. Hope to see your lovely work when you get the photo thing sorted.

Cheers, Mary B.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Sondra - a great big hearty welcome to the best little quilting forum around. We're excited to see your project completions - and I'm certain there is some way to post pictures from iPad - but since I'm not a user I can't help you there.

Feel free just to jump in on any thread whenever the mood hits you. You'll find a whole lot of wonderful, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable friends here.

Oh, and if you know Greg and Carole in Orlando, tell them Sandy said hello . . . :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sondra
    started a topic Hello from Central Florida!

Hello from Central Florida!

I'm someone who recently finished a project quilt I began 6 years ago. I actually had two projects already 90% pieced and I only had to finish them. The difference is that in the 6 Years since I began YouTube has really developed and helped me past my learning curve hurdles. I completed a pinwheel baby quilt and a lap quilt for the living room. I haven't figured out to upload photos from my iPad or iPhone yet to this site as it doesn't seem to allow this option. (Webmaster please check into this?).

I am currently in love with all the MSQC tutorials and am working on a Summer in the park quilt using Moda fabric (Oasis) and cream solid. I loved this fabric collection so much I picked up charms of the same and have begun a D9Patch baby quilt.
    I love the creativity and Color that quilting provides. I figure I will have to either find folks to make quilts for, or perhaps get brave and sell them on Etsy.

When I am not sewing I am a public school music teacher and performer with the Bach Festival choir. I live and work near Orlando and I am discovering the quilt shops in the area now.

I did build a foam extension table for my sewing machine for free motion quilting. It works great but I am not very adept at free motion yet. So far Stitch in the ditch seems the easiest. I welcome advice, tips, and just friendly banter. I am on Facebook and twitter and I post photos of my quilting projects there.

Please excuse typos or " auto correct" isssues with my post.
Working...
X