Greetings from England!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from England!

Hello, my name is Hollie and I live in Cheshire, England. I've just registered with MSQC today as I've recently found Jenny on You Tube teaching us all how to quilt. Is it as easy as she makes it look? Anyway, immediately after watching the first video I went on to watch the next one and then the next, continued on until it was 1am and past my bed time, lol.

I haven't started quilting yet, but I am now on the look out for my materials now and hopefully will be able to start ASAP! I want to start with a table runner or a lap quilt, I'd also like to make Jenny's Valentines heart wall hanging and some festive items for Halloween and Christmas. The list goes on really..

Happy Quilting everyone
    Visit me at my blog http://hiccupsandcandyfloss.blogspot.com/

Re: Greetings from England!

Hi Hollie and welcome to the forum. You are in for a wonderful adventure and yes...quilting is as easy as Jenny makes it seem. Some things are easier than others but you add to your quilting skills with each project you make. The tutorials are wonderful and I've watched them over and over and learn something new each time. A table runner or lap quilt would be a perfect first project. It's not too soon to begin those holiday projects.....Visit often and let us know how you are doing. Barb in Missouri
    Last edited by Bubby; August 2, 2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, Hollie - Pumpkin Pie! YUMMY.

You will find there are a lot of members here from the UK - they are great friends and wonderful sources of inspiration. As are the rest of the forum members for that matter. We're glad you found Jenny and her crew and welcome you here with open arms. Enjoy your time quilting - it is the most satisfying hobby you can find.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome to our Forum! MSQC is great....Jenny's tutorials are what got me introduced to the Forum, too. It is all around a wonderful place.

Comment

hi Hollie,
          Welcome to the forum! Its great here, addictive too. Quilting is addictive, fabric is addictive, blocks and patterns are addictive and wake you up in the middle of the night with a new idea. Start small and work up.......dont do what i did and go from a cot quilt to a king sized lol. If i can help with UK shops for fabric let me know although i suspect in cheshire you wont have a problem lol. I am in West Yorkshire so not too far from you. Give me a yell if you need any help from a not very experianced quilter. ( i do know all the quilting swear words though lol) i do buy the deal of the day from here fairly often, Sarah is great about international postage. Just drop her a quick email.
          Blog
          http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hi
            Great to "meet" another from this side of the pond! I'm not as close as Divine Daisy - I'm further south in Oxfordshire.

I've not been a quilter or a member of this forum for very long but I've come across lots of very nice kind people with lots of knowledge about quilting which they share willingly and always with a smile.

Elaine
            my blog: http://craft-e-place.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Isn't Jenny the best teacher ever?! You're going to be addicted soon enough. Enjoy it. Use it to take you mind off everything else. Be sure to post pictures of your projects...we love them!

BTW, I'll have a nice big piece of pumpkin pie please!
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

WOW.. Thank you for such a warm welcoming.. nice to meet you all and a big hello to my girls in the UK. I think I'm really going to like it here! Sounds like there are a lot of pumpkin pie lovers here! My favorite pie ever so I had to use it as my nickname.

How long has everyone been quilting? I have to say I'm pretty new at sewing too so I hope I'm not taking on too much, lol, but I think I'll be OK. I've done a basic table runner and a few other decorative things, so fingers crossed.. I noticed there is a show and tell section, can't wait to check that out.

Divine Daisy, I actually haven't looked too much into quilting shops around my area but I know that as for just plain fabric it's been a bit of a struggle to find something close by. Can you recommend anywhere? I have heard of Abakhan (something like that) but haven't been yet. I also need to buy my supplies.. where would be a good place to go? Been to HobbyCraft but they are pretty expensive. There's too much beautiful fabric on MSQC's website that I may just order from here and my supplies, I'll have to find out about shipping. How long did your king size quilt take you to make?

Thanks again everyone, lovely to meet you all and I will keep a look out for you.

Comment

Hi Hollie and wecome from Canada. I haven't been quilting long myself but just LOVE to quilt. The tutorials are wonderful. Enjoy and before long you will be all set-up to go.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from another Canadian. It is very addicting this quilting but we love it and hope you come to enjoy as much.
                    Come visit often!
                    sigpic
                    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

What a great site this is!! Welcome Hollie and can totally relate to your waking up in the middle of the night with ideas - I keep a notepad next to the bed to jot these down! Enjoy quilting and don't be afraid to ask questions - we all learn from each other!

Comment

Welcome from Hawaii. I've only been quilting for a few months. I'm still practicing free motion quilting. They make it look easy. That's the hardest part for me. But with practice hopefully my shapes won't look half bad.

Comment

Hi Hollie. Yes, I did not sew or quilt and learned from Jenny online. She makes it THAT EASY! Glad to have you with us. I live in Solvang, California.
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Hi. Glad you have found us - I am new here too but loving the community. I'm from Kent UK - great to hear from so many fellow brits. I hope you take the plunge and get into quilting - you won't regret it. Happy quilting

Comment

Hello monique, sally, esgrandma, pineapplemoon, bellasquilts & quiltercaroline thanks for the warm welcomes. Nice to meet you all! It sounds like we have such a wide varity of skills and knowledge here in this community. It's such a great place to learn and get ideas from.

I'm all excited because today I got my first charm pack in the mail. I ordered Antique Fair by Moda and just can't wait to get stuck in! Now just waiting for my cutting mat and rulers to actually start! What to start with though is the question.. hmmm... so many things to choose from! lol.

Happy quilting everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X