Mixed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed up!

UGH! I was all set today to start a new quilt for one of my grandaughters but things did not go as planned!!! I got out the charm packs and cut what I needed. Then got out hte yardage I had ordered when it hit me. Charms packs are cotton and yardage is flannel! So now I have to wait and get more of one or the other. Talk about feeling like a dunce!!! Nice rainy day and nothing to work on. I guess I could start painting the kitchen!!!

May all beings everywhere be happy, healthy, and free

:icon_cool:

Re: Mixed up!

Things like that happen to all of us at lease once. Personally I wouldn't risk combining the two fabrics, as flannel shrinks and sometimes continue to shrink for a few washings and dryings. This is a good time to get organized, get all your sewing tools ready, change the needle in your machine, fill bobbins, etc. When your replacement fabric arrives you'll be ready to go. You could also use this time to plan a few more quilting projects. Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Barb,

I have been online for over two hours now checking sites for more fabrics!! But you are so right. I do need to 'straighten up' my sewing room so that is what I will do! Still trying to figure out a good working plan for this space.

Once I put the fabrics near each other I realized there is now way I would use them together. My thoughts were jsut the texture and weight of the flannel compared to the cotton. I did not think of the shrinkage!!! lol What a newbie I am.
      Have a great evening!!

May all beings everywhere be happy, healthy, and free

:icon_cool:

Comment

Trish, don't feel too bad, I'm without a project also. Pinwheel I was working on I ended up trashing and waiting for new fabric to come in. I have two tops that need border and backing but I can't find the fabric I want so I'm going shopping tomorrow. I decided to make a pressing pad for my table when I'm not near the ironing board. I have a friend that is a huge Razorback fan she would love the quilt you have planned. Can't wait to see a photo when you get it done.
        Mary
        A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Working...
        X