Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the North eh!

Hi All!!

I am newer than new to quilting! Havent even started my first quilt yet - waiting patiently for all my squeeky new supplies and fabrics to arrive by mail and super excited!!

I have been wanting to do this for sooo long and now I am finally going to try my hand at it! My first attempt is a charm pack lap quilt (from session 1 of Jenny's online class). Hope it works out, 'cause I'm intending it to be a birthday gift for my sister eh!

CanuckBebe
    Ontario, Canada

Re: Hi from the North eh!

Hey, Li'l Canuck Bebe - WELCOME to the best place in the world to learn about quilting. Isn't Jenny wonderful? And, you'll find the members here more than ready to help you over any little hurdles you face. Come often, stay long, and if you happen to be around Hamilton sometime, wave to all my distant relatives (my maternal grandmother was from there!!)
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome to the group your going to love it here everbody is so awsome!! I am a newbe myself and finninshing up my first quilt. I know your going to love quilting and your going to do great on your first prodject. If you need any help just ask the girls and they will help you and again welcome to the group.
      ~ stef~

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. I can imagine how excited you are for your goodies to arrive! I feel that way each time I order fabric from the Internet. You will be in good company here...lots of experienced quilters willing to help you with your questions. You will also get tons of inspiration and a chance to post pictures of your projects in the Gallery. Visit often.....Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Indiana. You found a real treasure when you found Jenny's tutorials. I know your quilt will turn out great! Be sure to visit often. There is always something interesting and fun going on around here!
          Bec

Comment

Hello from Australia, bebe. This is a wonderful place to learn. So much helpful information every day and the tutorials - WOW.

Cheers Mary B.

Comment

Welcome from BC...eh! You are going to love quilting and any questions check here first. Jenny's tutorals got the bug in me and I'm lovin it!
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Welcome from another Canadian. You have picked the best forum. My quilty friends here are THE BEST!! Don't be shy about asking for help. They are FAB!
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Glad you're here. Jenny's classes are the best and lots to learn here on the forum. Can't wait to see your first project. Have fun!
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut. You will definitely love this group and quilting is a wonderful craft. Good luck with your first and be sure to ask us questions if you need help. Someone will surely answer.
                    Susan

Comment

Another welcome from Missouri. Hope you get your supplies soon and can scratch that itch for quilting. You will really enjoy it!

Comment

Hi from the north back at cha!! You're gonna love it here. I'm from Northern Ontario myself and find this site is fantastic. Welcome neighbor eh!

Alana
                        Alana
                        To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                        alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

WOW....and I mean WOW!! This is just wonderful that so many would take the time to respond and make me feel so welcomed. THANK YOU ALL for your kind words and encouragement. I think this place is going to become an addiction for me isnt it?!

Sandy, next time I am on the mountain I will make a shout out to your peeps

It's a hot and muggy holiday monday here in Ontario, and no mail delivery today, so I have to wait yet another day for my supplies. All this waiting is just killing me!!!

Thanks again everyone!!!
                          Bebe

Comment

Hey Alana! You are quite a bit further north than me....I am currently in the Caledon area, just northwest of T.O.

Question for you: Have you ordered fabric from MSQC before? If so, were you hit by crazy duty fees? I placed my order last week for supplies and I didnt realize until after I placed it that I should have inquired about duty fees. Now I am kinda worried I might get hit with a big duty bill. Have you had any duty issues ordering from the U.S.?

Comment

I ordered fabric from MSQC and did not have to pay any duty on it. Hopefully you won't either.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X