Hello from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Michigan

A few years ago my neighbor (and best friend) talked me in starting a quilt. She has been quilting for 30 years and what's best for me -- she has a long arm in her basement!!! We have a great time playing with it and can't finish quilts fast enough! The first class she talked me into was a Dresden Star taught by Edyta Sitar. I thought I was so far over my head! Not to mention I'm color blind. But with my friend Marilyn and Edyta's help picking out fabric, it turned out great and I was addicted. I love taking classes. I have a great time taking classes. I have so much fun watching the teachers reactions when they find out they have a color blind student.

Re: Hello from Michigan

Welcome from Ky. You will love it here. What part of MI are you from? I have 2 sisters in MI.

Comment

Western Michigan within a couple miles of Lake Michigan (Muskegon Area)

Comment

Originally posted by lawork1211 View Post
        Western Michigan within a couple miles of Lake Michigan (Muskegon Area)
        They are in southern MI. My husband just lost an uncle that lived very near lake MI.We just went to MI in June. Very beautiful state.

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Enjoy the site. Would love to see pics of your quilts!
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. You'll enjoy being part of this group. Be sure and post pictures of your work and visit often....Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

We've been waiting for you - glad you finally found us. Welcome!!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome from Kentucky. Great group of awesome people. What fun to have a long arm to play with. Someday. . . .
                Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Welcome from Illinois! I am originally from Ludington and get up there as often as I can. I lived in Muskegon for awhile and managed the Wesco on Laketon.
                  Sounds like you have a love of quilting despite the color blind issue. My boys both have that and can't tell reds from oranges or browns. Bet you still make some lovely quilts!
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Would love to see pictures of your quilts. Glad you joined.
                    Susan

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Just saw some gorgeous pictures from up there. My husbands brother and wife just returned from a two week trip and they had some beautiful pictures of the lakes etc. My son is also color blind, he has trouble with mixed colors like aquas, purples and such. We didn't find out until he took his entrance exam for the military. Boy did I feel like an idiot for a mom. Would love to see some of your quilts be sure and post some pics. What great fun it must be playing with the long arm. Glad you joined the group.
                      Mary
                      A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Working...
                      X