Lamkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamkin

New here in last 15 minutes. I am a grumpy old lady who loves to sew, talk, quilt, talk, embroider, talk, volunteer, sing(Senior group at care homes 1 hour each at 4 places), sing(Sweet Adelines), talk, learn new things. Have kids, grands, greats, hubby, 6 siblings and friends (which I am hoping to add to my list from here).

Life is good in spite of RA and I am still active & causing trouble.

More BS later.

Lamkin

Re: Lamkin

Welcome to the MSQC forums, Lamkin. You will find many friends here. Come often, stay long, enjoy yourself and SHARE!!

P.S. No one will tell you outright, but I am the trouble maker here . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm sure it would be a shame to spoil 2 groups with us. This way it is only one.

Lamkin aka Sue (who)

Comment

HA!! I'll tell her out-right!!
        Sandy is the resident trouble maker!!

Welcome to the forum Lmakin aka Sue!! Its a shame you're so shy and dont like to talk much
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Congrats on your win. Us MNRP have a special color. I'm it now.

Lamkin

Comment

Welcome, Lamkin, from Missouri. We need a few more around here to stir the pot!!! Looking forward to getting to know you....Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Lamkin! I also have RA but am too stubborn to let it get me down and I have great medicines! Am glad you're here, I think we all like to talk and talk and talk!

Comment

What medicine works for you? I've been on Enbrel. Lucky me no joint or background pain.

Sue

Comment

Sue, I take the Humira injection every other week. It's a Godsend!

Terri

Comment

Mine is twice a week injection since 2004. Almost instant relief. We sold our business as I was in bad shape. Part of time needed help out of bed, off toilet, out of chairs, into our pickup. Not fun for hubby and scary for me as I've always been able to take care of myself. I say I am 300% better now than I was before Enbrel.

Sue

Comment

Hello Lamkin Sue - you're just what we needed; move over Sandy and make room for another gal with true grit.

Sue, I believe you will fit in here very well.

ps. when I first saw your post I thought your sig was IAMKIN. After reading it and seeing Sandy's response I thought, oh boy, one of Sandy's relations. lol. Of course we do consider each other here "kin" Once again, welcome!!!!!!
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Hi Lambkin,
                        Welcome from Kansas Hope to see you here often. Enjoy! You will make some great online friends.
                        Shirley
                        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about your RA and know from a friend of mine that it can be quite painful. I'm not sure what she is taking but it is not working. You will find good friends here and lots of conversations.
                          Susan

Comment

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome. I'm from a small town, only have Joanns and two other fabric places unless drive 100+ miles. Wouldn't move though as love small town friendliness. Volunteer 4 days a week with singing and Salvation Army, babysit with hubby 2 year old GGS. Make Dream Cases (fancy pillowcases), custom embroidery and quilts(caught disease along with 3 sisters from mom who was a Quiltaholic), read(don't have TV) and our church and friends. Figure I will do as much as I can as long as I can. If arthritis cripples me that is soon enough to stay home. My doctor says I do so well because of my ATTITUDE (which you will be blessed with now and then). I am fun, slightly irreverant, but a caring person. Will share pics of projects when figure how. Interesting that I won The True Grit belt buckle from my saddle club years ago.

Sue(who)
                            Last edited by lamkin; July 24, 2011, 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Last edited by lamkin; Today at 12:45 PM. Reason: sppelling

This really made me giggle!!
                              ~Mary
                              As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Working...
                              X