Hello from Austin Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Austin Texas!

Hello! I have been sewing clothes and home decor, and I am now trying my hand at tumbler place mats. If all goes well, I may just try a tumbler quilt! I just love the designer fabric. I am getting back into sewing after a break due to a battle with a very rare sickness that culminated in brain surgery. I am 9 months past surgery which really takes a year to get over and have just set up my sewing room in my new house. The neurosurgeon inadvertently injured a nerve as he finished the brain surgery. This has affected my ability to talk and the nerve is very slow to heal. The good news about sewing is you don't have to talk to sew (huge smile)! It's been a rough year and a half and sewing just delights me and feeds my soul! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Re: Hello from Austin Texas!

Glad that you are past that surgery and on the mend - I've always found that quilting helps me heal. This is the best place for friendly and knowledgeable people. Look forward to hearing more from you and seeing those tumbler place mats!!

Comment

Hi Leneva, and welcome to the forum. Your bright spirit shines out in your message! You've been through a lot. I'm so glad you're getting past the surgery. You'll love the forum, it's quite inspiring, fun and helpful!
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Leneva, Welcome to the MSQC forum from Barb in Missouri. Sorry to hear about your health issues but glad to hear you have such a positive attitude and that your creativity is green and growing! You will learn a tremendous amount on the site and make some friends. Take care and visit often.....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome Leneva from Canada. Your positive attitude will help you heal even quicker. This is an awesome forum and nobody judges anyone here. There are many wonderful and talented people here who are more than willing to help you with your questions. Have fun.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi Leneva. Welcome from Vermont. What an ordeal you've been through. Glad you are on the mend and glad you've come here. Quilting always helps me take my mind off my troubles. Probably because I'm a new quilter and must concentrate or I'll be using my new friend the seam ripper again. Do enjoy the forum. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Hope this joy of sewing helps you to continue your healing process. Sewing makes my heart sing, too!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! Is is so appreciated!!

Comment

Hi Leneva! Nice to meet you. Come back soon!

Blondie in NC
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                  Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                  ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Hi Laneva, your positive attitude is awesome. I'm fairly new to the forum also but welcome and hope to see the place mats soon.
                    Mary
                    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Working...
                    X