ALoha from Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALoha from Hawaii

Aloha everyone! I am a beginner quilted and have been sewing for years. Usually just costumes, home decor and dresses for my girls. My husband is in the marine corps and currently stationed in Hawaii so fabric stores are slim and hard to find a good variety. I just made my first rag quilt yesterday and will be teaching my daughter and one of her girl scout troop mates. I'm very excited to try my first real quilt
    Last edited by Smfidler; July 12, 2011, 02:35 PM.
    Shannon

Re: ALoha from Hawaii

Welcome! You'll love it here. And MSQC online is great for a nice selection of tools and fabric. Not sure what the postage would be like to Hawaii, though.

Comment

Welcome from New Hampshire! The forum is a great place for ideas and help, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Also, we love to see pictures, so post some when you can!
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Make sure you check out the Quilter's Daily Deal for some awesome savings. And enter the weekly giveaway contest. Enjoy the site.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from Canada. I know you will enjoy it here very much. We love pictures too.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Aloha from California, I'm so glad you joined us.
            Isn't it funny that when I am in Hawaii......I can't wait to get to the fabric stores to buy island fabric. But I do understand that's probably not what you want for your quilts..... at least all the time lol.....
            We really are happy to have you.....
            ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
            Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
            (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Welcome from a Marine parent! My son was hoping to get Hawaii, but is at Camp Pendleton, CA instead. He seems happy there.
              Ask your questions, we are good at answering them. We all learn from questions and we love to see projects you've done also!

Hugs from PA,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
                Welcome from a Marine parent! My son was hoping to get Hawaii, but is at Camp Pendleton, CA instead. He seems happy there.
                Ask your questions, we are good at answering them. We all learn from questions and we love to see projects you've done also!

Hugs from PA,
                Pendleton is awesome. We were in 29palms for 2 yrs then the next 6.5 on pendleton
                Shannon

Comment

Working...
                X