Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Solvang!

Hi,
    Newbie quilter here. Have followed Jenny's tutorials and made several quilts now. Thank you, Jenny, for giving me the confidence I could do it. You are a wonderful instructor. Here is a picture of my very first quilt following Jenny's instructions for a baby quilt http://flickr.com/gp/taxibella/gjMrB0 and a my most recent quilt http://flickr.com/gp/taxibella/Jnnj54. Learning about machine quilting and backing with the help of other online people. I love quilting!!

BellasQuilts
    Last edited by BellasQuilts; July 11, 2011, 11:04 PM.
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Re: Hello from Solvang!

Your quilts are lovely.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Welcome! Always happy to have new friends. Your quilts are lovely. Isn't Jenny the bestest?

Come back often,

Blondie, waving from NC
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Enjoy!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from New Hampshire! Solvang--California??? I love that town! I'm originally from San Diego and have gone to Solvang a few times.
          I like your quilts. The cowboy fabric is great! Quilting is so much fun, and so is this forum!
          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hello and welcome from Missouri. I love you little town of Solvang. It's one of the cutest towns ever. Wonderful shopping and food there. Your quilts don't look like you are a newbie...what a nice job. You will learn so much and make friends here....Welcome! Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I just had to say your quilts are very nice, I really love them both but the second on is awesome. I'm new here too and also new too quilting. Your work is beautiful.
              Mary
              A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Nice quilts! Is the second one Roy and Dale? That sure brings back memories!!!

Comment

Welcome from Canada. Your quilts are lovely.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Australia. Your quilts are really nice. You will get lots of inspiration and encouragement on this site.. it is the best !!!
                    Wendy
                    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
                    https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

Wow, such a nice warm welcome! Thank you for the compliments on the quilts. You can thank Jenny for that ;-). She inspired me. Yes, that is Roy Rogers fabric. We have a store here called Shelbi Ranch. They sell fabric for 99 cents a yard. Mostly offcast stuff from LA, but all proceeds go to kids. The owner loves Roy Rogers so he had the fabric for sale there. I couldn't resist! What is everyone's next project? Mine is a lap quilt for my mom. I want to do the pattern Jenny did in this tutorial - A quilt made for the garden of eden!
                      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Believe it or not I am a HUGE Roy Rogers fan ever since I was a little kid. I absolutely love, love, love this quilt.

Comment

I love your second quilt so much! I love displaying the fabric and then quilting to create diamonds over your quilt. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Hello from Santa Margarita in SLO County!!! I am just down the road from you!!! I may have to save up a little gas $$$ to come up that way and check out that store Shelbi Ranch, love Solvang!!!
                            Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                            THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                            :lol:

Comment

Working...
                            X